2015 Silverado / Sierra

Does anyone know if GM is adding factory installed fifth wheel hardware like Ford and Ram does with their trucks?

I was told that at this date orders for the 2015 manufacturing run of the HD trucks should have started. I haven't talked to my dealer yet but it always seems the dealers are kept in the dark anyhow.

2015 HDs have been on sale for ages now. As far as I know, they only offer the wiring, not a hitch but it's not something I've looked into much.

I was talking to the manufacturer of the Hensley TrailerSaver hitch and he mentioned to me that he had heard that GM was going to offer a hitch platform setup like Ford / Ram in the 2015 run of trucks. Don't know what that means. I do know that they are again falling behind the rest of the industry for those of us that haul fifth wheel trailers for recreation and work.

I'm talking about a in bed hitch to attach hitch rails from one side of the frame to the other and then a Fifth Wheel hitch. You can order a built in system on a Ford or on a Ram these days. On GM who always seems to be behind the curve doesn't seem to have it. I like the new 1 ton's but would love to have it come from the factory with the system installed rather then take a brand new truck to have the frame drilled to accommodate the hitch installation. That's why I was asking.

Archived