Ordered a hypertech max energy for 2014 silverado

Just ordered a hypertech max energy for my 2014 silverado 5.3L. Anything I need to do or avoid or be aware of? Couldn't find much info here or anywhere. Thanks in advance.

I have two threads about it, look at engine section here and tuners in the other forum section

I read your posts earlier but I didn't realize it. I didn't know if anybody else had any other input.

I have the 5.3L v8, 6" lift with big tires. I drove 350 miles highway last week and got 18 mpg, I thought that was pretty good considering my 2010 sierra SLT got 14 mpg with a 4" lift.

Think I can get better gas mileage with the hypertech max energy?

I haven't seen any in town savings Im still trying different things, I use to drive in M5 in town to stay out of the V4. Now with that removed I drive in drive my mileage is the same. Im running E85 so im using the max tune, I would be running 93 when I cant get E85. The change in the truck is very noticeable very responsive. I didn't realize how much I hated the V4 till it was gone. That kind of mileage with those tires is good.

Didn't notice till the exhaust, these trucks seem to be very reactive to any change. Made me pause to doing any mods like a level, or 2-4 drop. Kinda watching here to see the average results from fellow mod nuts on here. I like how smooth these trucks are don't want to change that. Not to fond of the rake thou.

I'm in the Oklahoma panhandle so having a lift is beneficial a lot of time in the winter. Although this is the biggest lift I've ever had, I can't say it's my favorite. A 4" is plenty and probably better all around. Hoping to maximize my gas mileage with the hypertech programmer.

Last trip I took I got 19 mpg at 79 mph on I45 between Dallas and Houston with 2k miles on the truck all stock. Getting ready for a trip next wk will see if there is a change.

Archived