New GMT feelings

02suburbanZ71

Does anyone else feel like a great grandpa in a new age with the new GMT's out,,, thats how i feel being a GMT 800 expert, all the new stuff is out and you dont know a single thing about it

I would not call you an expert by amy means. I wouldnt even call most techs experts. But you have not shown anything to classify you as an expert.

I would not call you an expert by amy means. I wouldnt even call most techs experts. But you have not shown anything to classify you as an expert.

Your right i exaggerated a bit...

Regardless of all of the fancy gadgets like heated steering wheels, cooled seats, touch screens, fancy DIC's etc, a truck is a truck to me and they all serve the same purpose whether it's a 2001 reg cab 1500 work truck or a 2015 crew cab LTZ and I have respect for all years and models.

I like the new Sierras a lot, but I like not having to deal with TPMS Sensors, AFM etc... Price is the major thing for me though. I make enough to afford one, but it's a lot easier to pay $300 vs $600.

Aside from the "new" factor and warranty I honestly don't find that much appeal in the new generation, same with the gmt900's.

There's way too much plastic and they're just too bulbous for my tastes. At this very moment I'm parked next to a 2014 crew cab Silverado and its so bloated that it makes mine look small.

Although if I'm still in this country within a few years I just might end up in a K2 with the same cab and power/drive train configuration as my current one...

Up to 3 years ago I drove 60k plus miles a year and got a new truck every 2 years. Then I started working in the office. So I started driving older trucks and sport cars had some nice old ones. The last one I still have Stroked blown nice 92 Chevy. I traded in a Geneses Coup. for my new GMC Texas Edition. There is just nothing like getting a nice new truck every 2 to 3 years Ill just brown bag it for lunch and bring my own coffee. Everything else is paid for Im driving a new truck, maybe Im crazy but life is to short.

I feel like the craftsmanship of the new trucks isnt as good as the older ones. I really like the 1988 1500 with the cool speedo, the digital AC, and the nice red interior

I feel like the craftsmanship of the new trucks isnt as good as the older ones. I really like the 1988 1500 with the cool speedo, the digital AC, and the nice red interior

Im an older guy and a tad spoiled, I like sitting at my desk at 5 picking up my phone starting my truck and getting in its not to hot or cold. Then I turn on my radio and have 5 or 6 different forms of music to choses from. Its has no wind noise, and is quieter than my wifes luxury car. Then when I nail it, the (truck) runs better than the first so called high performance car I owned, in the seventies. If they haven't nailed it they are damn close.

I guess i just feel like they are sort of flimsy. They're not made out of steel anymore, lots of plastic and aluminum. Just my opinion. I dont like the idea of onstar being able to control our vehicles whenever they want to.

IMO everything has flip flopped compared to how it used to be. The interiors have improved now to where their almost perfect along with the engines, but the bodies, and paint have gotten worse.

The only thing with the engines though is that I think there starting to get over complicated. If your going to keep it long term it's going to more than likely hit your wallet harder than say a GMT400 or 800.

Archived