Fords 2.7L Ecoboost

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing they did the testing in Arizona. With all the Ego-boost problems documented in humid climates I guessed they tried to dodge (no pun intended) that bullet in going to the desert.

I wish more would read up on "turbo charged" automotive engines.

Another complicated piece of machinery added to an automotive engine.

Good luck to those when vehicle gets older.

"Sir (Madam) your turbo charger is on the fritz. That will be $1,500 to replace it".

Ford is going in the wrong direction.

True. But you better believe that they will sell a ton of 'em to gullible first-time truck buyers! :nonod:

I can see the appeal for people who treat their trucks like cars, which honestly is a large percentage based on what I see in this forum (carpet in beds, 3:08 gears, etc).

Ford has a winner imo.

I can see the appeal for people who treat their trucks like cars, which honestly is a large percentage based on what I see in this forum (carpet in beds, 3:08 gears, etc).

Ford has a winner imo.

You could be right about that. For the family man with a couple kids that makes the occasional Home Depot trip, that truck would be perfect. And probably gets great fuel economy.

Light towing (Jetski's, motorcycles) probably OK... heavy towing, big trailers... V8!

I wish more would read up on "turbo charged" automotive engines.

Another complicated piece of machinery added to an automotive engine.

Good luck to those when vehicle gets older.

"Sir (Madam) your turbo charger is on the fritz. That will be $1,500 to replace it".

I don't have time to wait for my turbo to go, it's going to be replaced in a year or two with a bigger one anyhow :D

Archived