Who has experience with led roof light bars? Terrified to drill holes.

First mod I'm doing to my 04 Sierra is a $250 cheapo Ebay 52" Roof mounted Curved Led light bar (Link Below). I do alot of backroad/ trail nighttime driving to get to camp/ hunting spots and as many of you know extra light is nice plus it looks sweet. I'm excited for this except for the fact that I have to drill holes terrifies me because my truck is so clean. Anyone have tips to make this go smoothly and to give me confidence in drilling holes? And any recommendations for mounting brackets? Thanks a ton!

Link to Light Bar---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/121319857293?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

post-94691-0-87272800-1406079397_thumb.jpg

if it mounts on the roof ,set it on the roof ,,,,mark the holes with a sharpy ,center punch and drill away ....

BUT BEFORE YA DO THAT ,,,,,remove the interior(yes i said the interior)(all trim goes up to the roof liner ) and the roof liner ,,,use good size braces under the light bar mounts so the roof panel does not stress crack ,,,,or follow supplied instructions

should be done in day or so ,,,pending skill set of course ,,,,

have fun ,,,and remember to breath now and again !!! lol

if you have any doubts,,,,,farm it out

Not to thread jack, but you truck looks sweet. Do you have a lift on it?

Thanks haha it has a pro-comp leveling kit, 3" in the back and unsure of the front other than it's pro comp (Bought it that way)its 1" higher in front. Sittin on 285-75-16's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it mounts on the roof ,set it on the roof ,,,,mark the holes with a sharpy ,center punch and drill away ....

BUT BEFORE YA DO THAT ,,,,,remove the interior(yes i said the interior)(all trim goes up to the roof liner ) and the roof liner ,,,use good size braces under the light bar mounts so the roof panel does not stress crack ,,,,or follow supplied instructions

should be done in day or so ,,,pending skill set of course ,,,,

have fun ,,,and remember to breath now and again !!! lol

if you have any doubts,,,,,farm it out

I just found the nfab brackets on their website and I'll be going with those, they mount inside the door jam. A little better than drilling the roof but not by much.

Thanks haha it has a pro-comp leveling kit, 3" in the back and unsure of the front other than it's pro comp (Bought it that way)its 1" higher in front. Sittin on 285-75-16's

Thanks for the info. Looks good!

Ordered my n-fab light mounts today, won them for under half price on eBay for $75 in "new" condition but scratched, which is okay because I'll be painting to match my truck. Hopefully they will fit they are designed to fit rigids and these lights appear to have the same mounting equipment. I'll continue to provide updates.vyze5u4y.jpg

Sent from my Sierra

• 1 month later...

Archived