Leveling kit

Just crank the T- Bars about 4 turns in.

Jack the front wheels off the ground first then crank the adjuster bolts in about 4 even turns on both left and right side, that will raise it about 1.5 to 2" in the front. No need to buy a leveling kit.

Just crank the T- Bars about 4 turns in.

Jack the front wheels off the ground first then crank the adjuster bolts in about 4 even turns on both left and right side, that will raise it about 1.5 to 2" in the front. No need to buy a leveling kit.

^^^ What he said. No need to spend the money on a leveling kit on these trucks, if you're only wanting to raise the front a couple inches. Yes, it will ride a bit more stiff than stock, but the 'leveling kits' do the same thing (no matter what they advertise). Leveling kits for these trucks just consist of re-indexed torsion bar keys, that put more twist on the torsion bars without having to turn the bolt in farther. People think it's better, because you're not cranking the bolts in farther, but the end result is the same. 4-5 turns on the stock bolts should give you the lift you're after.

I have had to put leveling kits in my last two 2500HD's. The reason being that on the last two, on one side or the other there has been not enough bolt sticking out to adjust up at all. On the truck I have now (2011) there was less then 1/2" of bolt sticking out - I would not have gotten enough height out of it to make a difference. When they set the ride height, sometime it takes more adjustment on one side than the other. I'm not sure how often this is the case, but you might want to get under the truck and look to see how much adjustment you have before you write off a leveling kit. Who knows, maybe I just have bad luck!

Archived