2014 Sierra factory lift block

My 2014 sierra came with something that looks like lift blocks on the leaf springs.

Has anyone noticed this.?

If so can they be taken off to lower the back of the bed?

I never new that....so why do people even buy leveling kits ?

In order to raise the front end of the truck, it levels the truck and creates more ground clearance + allows you to fit larger tires.

The factory rear blocks are 1.25". And yes, they can be removed to level the front of the truck with the rear. Some guys choose to add a leveling kit to increase the ride height, which allows for taller tires and improves ground clearance. If those things don't matter, then removing the rear block is an easy way to level the truck.

Is it hard to remove the rear blocks ?

nope. Its really easy.

You'll need to jack up the truck, then loosen the u-bolts around the leaf packs, then pull the block out, then retighten the u bolts.

Might want to put on shorter u-bolts at that point though.

Check out the modifications section and look at the lowering thread. Several folks have done it, including me, and it doesn't effect the ride at all or load carrying capability. It will of course squat lower if you hook 9k lbs to it, but I pull my bass boat EVERY weekend and it doesn't effect anything at all. I took mine a few steps beyond just removing the factory block and also used 2" drop shackles and lowered the front 2". I like it. And it is 4WD in case of inclement weather or I hang the boat trailer off the end of a short ramp during the winter months.

20140411_164534_zps6cc8a4fb.jpg

20140703_080640_zps3aa5919e.jpg

Archived