Wind noise from front/drivers side - Bulletin Pl1221

Does anyone have access to the following Bulletin?

2014 Sierra, Silverado — Excessive wind noise from front side door glass area.
Do: Refer to these hints and aids in wind noise diagnosis
Do Not: Replace seals or weather-strips without verifying the conditions in the bulletin first
Bulletin: PI1221

I am hoping the Bulletin may offer some hints that could be helpful so I'd like to know what it says.

On a cross-country trip we made in May, we hit 40-50 mph cross winds and the noise coming from the drivers side door was terrible. I hadn't heard about this until now. At least I'm glad to hear it's not just me.

I have the same issue. Took it to the dealer they heard it on the test drive and said it was normal. They tried to play it off that the mirror was making the noise. Told them not so because the passenger side is silent. Not sure what to do next might have to take it up with GM.

I took mine to the dealer for this as well and they said "it sounds like a little bit of turbulence but it's normal".

What I attempted to explain is that the first 5k-10k miles the issue did not exist, so it CAN be corrected. I think I'll take it to another dealership and see of they have anything else to say about it..

Took mine back to the dealer again today for the same issue again. They told me it is normal again and that the mirror is causing it. Other thing I noticed today is that when going down the highway my hood lifts up in the center. Brought this to their attention they witnessed it and are unable to figure out how to fix it. I emailed GM customer service and they recommend that I take it to another dealer. Might have to do that but it is a 2 hour drive. This is getting frustrating.

• 6 months later...

I am bring this tread back from the dead...Has anyone experienced an increase in wind noise as your truck has gotten older? I have had my truck for 13 months and I have about 30,000 miles on it, and over the past several months my wind noise on the driver side has gotten worse. If I am going down a road that is bumpy, when I go over the bumps, it gets worse. I can put my hand up there and "squeeze" the door to the frame and I can get it to quite down. I am going to take it to the dealer in a week for so, but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced it.

Thanks

I am bring this tread back from the dead...Has anyone experienced an increase in wind noise as your truck has gotten older? I have had my truck for 13 months and I have about 30,000 miles on it, and over the past several months my wind noise on the driver side has gotten worse. If I am going down a road that is bumpy, when I go over the bumps, it gets worse. I can put my hand up there and "squeeze" the door to the frame and I can get it to quite down. I am going to take it to the dealer in a week for so, but wanted to know if anyone else has experienced it.

Thanks

Yup exactly to the T!! I also noticed over bumpy roads it looks like the top of the door flops around and the noise gets worse when I hit every bump. It is like the door is too loose. I took mine in and they repositioned the weather stripping according to some bulletin but it never fixed my noise and now I have a high pitched noise at 25 mph and above. Just haven't had time to take it back in.

I've had new weatherstripping, the door latch adjusted and new door hinge bolts (the new design that allows for some adjustment) - all to little avail. The service manager has offered to send the truck to their collision shop to see if they can adjust the door in their shop. The manager agrees that when standing in the bed he can see that the driver's door sticks out a small tad from the frame but has tried all the fixes he can do and I've not wanted to see it out to the collision shop yet.

Try this: open the door and hold a dollar bill next to the top weatherstripping and close the door - try to pull the dollar bill out - it should have some tension/binding (try it on both doors and I bet one door will have more tension than the one that leaks air/wind noise).