1st post. Sierra slt or ltz silverado

citius

Hi. I really need some advice. I'm in the process of picking between the Sierra SLT and LTZ silverado. Both are about the same price. The only difference between the two is that the ltz had a standard bed and the other a short bed.

Is the resale value of the gmc better down the line or will the ltz be better?

What haven't I considered?

Thanks and I loom forward to being a full member of this forum once I make up my mind and buy the truck.

GMC generally has a higher resale value just because of simple supply and demand. I also think the Sierra gives you more for your money in SLE vs LT trim, I'm not sure about SLT vs LTZ

From what I have found from shopping around is the SLE GMC has more cosmetic features than the Chevy LT. Like the stitched dash, color keyed door / mirrors, and the look of wood grain pieces in the interior. The GMC also has the chrome window trim too. The GMC Z71 4x4 emblem is on the fender instead of the normal bed decal. I believe that is a $100 option on the Sierra if you chose to have the decal too. Chevy has the decal on the bed and emblem on the grille. The GMC SLT has all the exterior features as the SLE, but in chrome and leather. The Chevy LTZ exterior features are in chrome while their LT is bare.

I went with the Silverado LT Z71 due to the Chevy dealer working a better deal than GMC. I wanted a LTZ but without the leather. I also wanted bucket seats and center console. They installed all of the exterior features for me to get the "LTZ" look and had a LT in stock with bucket seats like I wanted. I found dealers are more willing to get what you want on a vehicle by buying whats in stock instead of making a special order. I also found it saves you money as well. Here's what the Chevy dealer did for me

post-132293-0-95612000-1406465521_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived