New HD Mirrors

Picked up my new HD this past Monday and it came with the old style mirrors. My sales person was aware of my desire for the new style mirrors and did some checking. What i was told was they had truck outfitter that will buy my mirrors when the new one came in. The new ones look to be available around closer to Christmas. My truck is black in color and really doesn't look to bad with the old style mirrors. Will post some pics later today.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checked my order and I have the DQS ( new mirrors) in my order :ughdance:

This whole HD mirror thing is really stupid, GM should have had the new mirrors ready to be put on all the 2015s rolling off the line or dont bother building till all the latest parts are available.

So do you have an SLT or Denali on order, then? It looks like maybe they only come on those 2 models. Which is stupid, they should have had power, folding mirrors a long time ago and on all models.

No,

I have a 2015 2500 Crew Cab Diesel on order. avuraje9.jpg

Ok, I have to talk to my dealer again, although I don't have a diesel on order--gas, loaded SLE. Emailing now! He told me they didn't even have them, so I wonder if it's a US thing or something---which also doesn't make sense . . .but who knows with GM.

My truck was ordered on July 26 and production control changed the mirror code to DQS. I was told the change to DQS might be a name change only; the word "premium" was added.

I have a 2014 2500/classic that I would love to put a set of those on if they would fit and look good. I have the stock small ones now and they look good and power fold. I hate the fact that a wider mirror that needs to power fold will not, as currently offered. I do not like the current tow mirror looks but that's a personal preferenc,e but I would like the performance that the tows provide, providing they were this new look and power fold feature.....and work on my pickup. I know a lot of ands.

And I've just noticed the brochure offers the rear sliding window==but my dealer told me you can't get it on the '15's!! What?? I trust my dealer so GM really needs to get with it! And why would they take away that slider? It was very handy .. . . :nonod:

And I've just noticed the brochure offers the rear sliding window==but my dealer told me you can't get it on the '15's!! What?? I trust my dealer so GM really needs to get with it! And why would they take away that slider? It was very handy .. . . :nonod:

I'm pretty sure my 2015 HD on order has the rear slider.

Gringo

A48 is the option code for the Power rear Sliding window. It is available.

For the trouble , anxiety, and money GM has put us all through these mirrors should be retrofitted for $0 dollars, This is such crap. Im not sure what you folks in the USA have to pay for these trucks but up here in Alberta Canada mine cost me $73,500 and you can add another $4500 for a denali. Hows that for being bent over by the people we support and spend our hard earned money on? A

Dealer tells me they are not available in Canada . . .. stupid GM.

I'm quite positive they will be available to order here in Canada in due time. My dealer has the new mirrors in the parts system, but they aren't available to order just yet. I'll be getting a set for my 2014 Sierra if the retrofit isn't too difficult.

Archived