New HD Mirrors

Is your dealer charging you for them? They should be free . .. For 62,000 I'd expect them on my truck. GM is really amazing with things like this . .. wow. And they won't respond to you either. . .I'm STILL waiting on a reply to my inquiry.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, this is just really making me mad--I know I won't win because I do not expect anything good of GM, but I keep asking over and over .. . .

So, the other night I did a live chat with some GM rep and his answer is some stock answer, pulled from somewhere and quoted verbatim----something about safety standards being different in the US and Canada.

I said---power folding mirror are a convenience NOT a safety feature . ..

And . .got "is there anything else I can help you with tonight?"

Wow!

If they are going to rip us off, I just want them to come and out say it and I'm going to harass them until someone admits it.

So, this is just really making me mad--I know I won't win because I do not expect anything good of GM, but I keep asking over and over .. . .

So, the other night I did a live chat with some GM rep and his answer is some stock answer, pulled from somewhere and quoted verbatim----something about safety standards being different in the US and Canada.

I said---power folding mirror are a convenience NOT a safety feature . ..

And . .got "is there anything else I can help you with tonight?"

Wow!

If they are going to rip us off, I just want them to come and out say it and I'm going to harass them until someone admits it.

Yeah, I guess in Canada you can only order an HD with power adjustable-manual fold-manual extend mirrors as an option. I don't see anything on the Canadian build and price page for the larger chrome power fold mirrors.

Edit: I'm not seeing it on the US build site either.

Yeah, I guess in Canada you can only order an HD with power adjustable-manual fold-manual extend mirrors as an option. I don't see anything on the Canadian build and price page for the power fold mirrors.

The new mirrors aren't yet on the build and price page in the United States, either. The build and price page has not been updated for the 2015i.

Gringo

The new mirrors aren't yet on the build and price page in the United States, either. The build and price page has not been updated for the 2015i.

Gringo

Yeah, I think you are right. The power folding on the US site are the smaller mirrors I believe. It's a bit confusing that for sure.

This is what I found on the GM site related to the new larger power folding trailering mirrors.

"New, heated, power-adjustable trailering mirrors are offered on SLE and SLT including All Terrain and Denali (late availability), including segment-first back-up lamps. The large mirrors feature 51 square inches of flat mirror surface positioned over a 24.5-square-inch non-heated or power-adjustable convex mirror surface. A new auxiliary back-up lamp is integrated in each mirror to enhance trailer visibility when backing up, as well as an amber auxiliary clearance lamp. The SLE trailering mirror is black and can be extended and folded manually. The SLT/Denali mirror has a chrome cap and adds a power-folding feature."

post-127588-0-09653700-1410140864_thumb.jpg

post-127588-0-82105400-1410140874_thumb.jpg

post-127588-0-59829400-1410141009_thumb.jpg

Oh, that's great. So, not only should they have had them a looong time ago . .. and they are not available in Canada??!?!?!!. . .but they are also going to be on the SLT's only??? I don't spend enough money already on the loaded SLE's I always buy? Now I have to spend even more just to get the damn mirrors?? Oh, GM . . you are going to lose me . . .Ford, perhaps you will be my next vehicle!!

Oh, that's great. So, not only should they have had them a looong time ago . .. and they are not available in Canada??!?!?!!. . .but they are also going to be on the SLT's only??? I don't spend enough money already on the loaded SLE's I always buy? Now I have to spend even more just to get the damn mirrors?? Oh, GM . . you are going to lose me . . .Ford, perhaps you will be my next vehicle!!

From everything I researched it looks like you have to get an SLT or Denali to order a truck with the newer version large power folding mirrors.

Doesn't make an sense to me but GM knows that if they offer the new power folding with chrome caps on the SLT and Denali, people will upgrade just to get those mirrors and that's more $$$$ in their pocket.

Well, they aren't getting it from me, the bastards. I"ll continue to manually fold mine, every night, when I park it in the garage. Really angry the way they treat long time GM owners. 62 grand isn't enough to get power fold mirrors? Honestly . . .. such crap!

Archived