New HD Mirrors

Oh, that's great. So, not only should they have had them a looong time ago . .. and they are not available in Canada??!?!?!!. . .but they are also going to be on the SLT's only??? I don't spend enough money already on the loaded SLE's I always buy? Now I have to spend even more just to get the damn mirrors?? Oh, GM . . you are going to lose me . . .Ford, perhaps you will be my next vehicle!!

The XLT Fords don't get the high end mirrors the Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum trucks get either, IIRC.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been enjoying my Denali HD for a couple of months now and the truck is a big step up in technology, except for two components. The pathetic halogen projectors which I have addressed by having xenons installed using the existing lenses (huge improvement) and the out of place tow mirrors which I hope can be replaced by retrofitting the new ones. When you think about it, it is hard to believe that it is was planned this way. It must have been a failure to get the product from a supplier. Imagine a truck built for towing that includes lane departure warnings with a seat that vibrates, a led alert in the windshield that tells you when you need to brake, a sophisticated infotainment system, and all the other wonderful high tech features. Then you stick an ugly set of mirrors that look very outdated and you put a set of headlights that are not up to standards in a truck that is suppose to be a towing monster and frequently driven in rural poorly lit sections of roads while other Denali branded SUVs get great lights only to be driven in well lit urban areas by soccer moms. My wife's biggest complaint is when I have to ask her to fold the mirrors either in or out when we park on the passenger side. She reminds me frequently that she never had to do this with our previous King Ranch. While your at it GM make sure the next iteration of headlights auto level so when your truck is heavily laden the headlights don't point to the sky.

Here's my latest reply from GM.

Thank you for your follow up e-mail.   We're sorry to hear that you're concerned with the option configuration offered for our 2015 Heavy Duty Pickups, specifically the power mirrors.  Although it is certainly our desire to meet our customers' personal expectations in every regard, unfortunately, this isn't always possible. Many decisions are involved in the design of any General Motors product.  Each product classification is designed to satisfy the needs of different market segments; therefore; the value of certain features may be perceived differently by various buyers.  Market demand, cost, production considerations, technical feasibility and general progress are all playing factors in the design and option configuration process.   Let us assure you that General Motors is genuinely interested in your comments, as we are constantly striving to anticipate and respond to the needs of our customers.  They have been documented and forwarded to the approprite division.  There are, however, many factors we must consider and this places an ever-increasing demand on our design and engineering staff to offer equipment compatible with our customers' needs. We appreciate your interest and thank you again for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited.   Regards, 

So, really, basically no answer again---it's only common sense that a truck with mirrors this large needs to have a power fold option! And it needs to be on ALL models not the highest possible end!

Oh, that didn't post very well . . .weird.

Here's my latest reply from GM.

Thank you for your follow up e-mail.   We're sorry to hear that you're concerned with the option configuration offered for our 2015 Heavy Duty Pickups, specifically the power mirrors.  Although it is certainly our desire to meet our customers' personal expectations in every regard, unfortunately, this isn't always possible. Many decisions are involved in the design of any General Motors product.  Each product classification is designed to satisfy the needs of different market segments; therefore; the value of certain features may be perceived differently by various buyers.  Market demand, cost, production considerations, technical feasibility and general progress are all playing factors in the design and option configuration process.   Let us assure you that General Motors is genuinely interested in your comments, as we are constantly striving to anticipate and respond to the needs of our customers.  They have been documented and forwarded to the approprite division.  There are, however, many factors we must consider and this places an ever-increasing demand on our design and engineering staff to offer equipment compatible with our customers' needs. We appreciate your interest and thank you again for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited.   Regards, 

So, really, basically no answer again---it's only common sense that a truck with mirrors this large needs to have a power fold option! And it needs to be on ALL models not the highest possible end!

Oh, that didn't post very well . . .weird.

CrazyDog,

I live in Halifax and on friday, i got a call from my dealer saying that they are now showing up in the ordering codes. I am ordering a 2015(.5?) GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali tomorrow (Monday). I will let you know what they say. My dealer tiold me it was there, so I hope it is. I have been waiting long enough. Knwoing my luck i will get my truck the same day I got my 2012 Ford. It was built on a Friday, my guess is at 5:05pm, and arrived on Feb 13th during a fricken snow storm. I never got to drive it around with that "OMG THAT"S A BRAND NEW TRUCK!" look. Maybe I will wait until the spring...Either way, I will let you know tomorrow Crazydog.

Best regards,

Jeff.

Crazydog,

Okay so it took me a little longer than i originally thought. Its confirmed, black on SLE, chrome on SLT and Denali. Almost ordered my truck but...now im thinking about the all terrain HD :)

Anyone know if you can put the denali gauges on the SLT?

Jeff!

I have received the new tow mirrors to upgrade my 2015 Denali HD but waiting on a new wiring harness, switch, and cover.(i currently have the ugly, black tow mirrors) I will update the group on my progress. The only issue of concern is the "programming aspect of the upgrade". I'm sure when I ask my dealer about it they will have the typical blank look, and I Know Nothing, will do nothing if it isn't in our color by number GM cookbook.

So I just picked up my 2015 2500HD SLT on Monday (9/29/2014). Absolutely love the truck! (Sold my 2011 Sierra 1500 - dealers were going to give me $28,500 in trade max - said screw that. Listed it on AutoTrader @ 10:00 PM 9/18/14, got a call at 9:00 AM Friday 9/19/14 from a guy interested - came down on Saturday 9/20/14, cash deposit and picked the truck up on Thursday 9/25/14 for $5K more than any dealer offered. If at all possible DON'T Trade unless you want to give money away.)

I want the new mirrors as well and eBay now has them listed for - hold you breath - $879.95 a pair -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-Chevrolet-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-HD-Powerfold-Tow-Mirror-OEM-2500HD-NEW-/261591114724

2015 Sierra 2500HD

Archived