New HD Mirrors

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. The dealership I spoke with today was a total waste of time. I explained the issue and he persisted in telling me that I can only replace the mirror that came with the truck. I told him I wanted the new powerfold mirror and he said I couldn't do it. some of these people are complete morons. I apologize if I offend anyone in here. But cmon. He couldn't even tell me if part 23241469 is for a diesel truck. I'm so pissed.

They aren't "complete" morons. GM does have a mirror swap instructional out in their Service Information but only for swapping non AVF mirrors for non AVF tow mirrors and then swapping AVF mirror trucks for AVF tow mirrors. Anything other than that, GM does not support anything for swapping non AVF for AVF.

They aren't "complete" morons. GM does have a mirror swap instructional out in their Service Information but only for swapping non AVF mirrors for non AVF tow mirrors and then swapping AVF mirror trucks for AVF tow mirrors. Anything other than that, GM does not support anything for swapping non AVF for AVF.

Where can that info be found

• 2 months later...

Ok I got my 2015 10 months ago. It has the new tow mirrors. Everything works but the amber lights on the outside and the reverse lights. If I unlock the truck the Amber lights will come on. Dealer keeps telling me that gm has not released the programming. To make those work. Has anyone else has this problem?

Ok I got my 2015 10 months ago. It has the new tow mirrors. Everything works but the amber lights on the outside and the reverse lights. If I unlock the truck the Amber lights will come on. Dealer keeps telling me that gm has not released the programming. To make those work. Has anyone else has this problem?

They need to be hardwired.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I drive an 08 sierra sle and i recently purchased 2015 tow mirrors that fit my truck. The signals, the power and the heat all work great but i want the outside turn signal to be a running light like the new duramaxs. Is that possible?

post-154795-0-52478300-1456081649_thumb.png

Archived