Inconsistent transmission

Has anyone had any luck getting the transmission fixed? My truck just seems inconsistent as far as the transmission goes. One day it drives perfect and the next it will drive me crazy. Anyone experience these problems:

- hard shift from 1-2.... Almost like the tranny is gonna fall out kinda hard shift

- transmission feels like it's slipping when shifting from 2-3 resulting in hesitation and loss of power

- shifting through gears too quickly resulting in the truck bogging down. Result is having to floor it and then it down shifts two gears. If it would just hold the gears a little longer this wouldn't be necessary.

On a side note, I let out a squeaker of a fart with the seat cooler on and I thought I passed a dead animal. Note, if on date you can't sneak out small fart with seat cooler on as it effectively magnifies it and circulates it to the entire cabin.

On a side note, I let out a squeaker of a fart with the seat cooler on and I thought I passed a dead animal. Note, if on date you can't sneak out small fart with seat cooler on as it effectively magnifies it and circulates it to the entire cabin.

Are you serious! Nothing is going to mask those smells. :)

Has anyone had any luck getting the transmission fixed? My truck just seems inconsistent as far as the transmission goes. One day it drives perfect and the next it will drive me crazy. Anyone experience these problems:

- hard shift from 1-2.... Almost like the tranny is gonna fall out kinda hard shift

- transmission feels like it's slipping when shifting from 2-3 resulting in hesitation and loss of power

- shifting through gears too quickly resulting in the truck bogging down. Result is having to floor it and then it down shifts two gears. If it would just hold the gears a little longer this wouldn't be necessary.

Your symptoms are exactly the same as mine. Do your front brakes drag sometimes? The next time the truck starts shifting crappy pull over and check the front rims to see if they are getting hot.

If not I guess the only correction for this shifting inconsistency is a tune to improve the shift points and disable the AFM.

Edited by 14LTZZ71

No way to check for the valves. I would take it to the dealer and be flashed back to stock and hope they don't check the flash log.

Honestly, the dealer is worthless. I've already taken it there twice and the say, "no codes, no problem." I've got the diablo intune with a custom tune.... supposedly undetectable when returned to stock. At least, that's what diablosport themselves told me directly.

I think there's a service bulletin out on this. Something to do with a seal in the transmission that is bad affecting the fluid pressure which in turn affects the shifting. Someone posted this bulletin somewhere on the forum. It sounds like you may have that problem. My transmission feels mostly excellent. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold gears long enough and wants to up shift at low RPM's to save gas. But overall it shifts smoothly and really drives like a dream compared to my 2007 4 speed Silverado. If I were you id try to find that service bulletin on here, print it out, and take it to your dealer and talk to them about the problem and see what they can do while your truck is under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My truck has these symptoms too! This is related to the vibration issue in my humble opinion.

Here is the document #pip5175b slip or shudder during a launch in first, second, third, or fourth gears. Delayed engaugement into drive, clunk or bump during the 1-2 shift. 2013-2014 Sierra, silverado, yukon, or anything with the 6L80 MYC automatic transmission built in the Silao Mexican plant 2.

hope this help you out, and I feel there is way more trucks out there with this issue then reported.

You know I feel the exact same, some day's I LOVE my truck, other days it drives like a bag of crap. Maybe its my attitude? lol

My truck has a drawn out 1-2, 2-3 shift first thing in the morning, or when fired up from cold. My service manager explained it to me that its in the programming, they do this to make the motors warm up as fast as possible for MPG purposes. And it seems to hold true thus far

Agreed the trucks shift up way to fast, but that's also for MPG, easily tuned out, or run in M5

I think there are to many factors going on in these trucks and it causes a lot of drive train "static." Switching between v4/v8, clutch applying and releasing (not just a simple on or off anymore they can partially apply) I'm no engineer... But have owned 4 new gmc's in the last 10years... So just my thoughts.