Alignment

sareljr

Should I wait till after I put new tires on to do an alignment or just go ahead and get it out of the way? My alignment now is pretty good but I don't want to take a chance with the new tires and the price of those tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say yes on the alignment if you are doing a leveling kit after the tire and wheel install. If you are in need of an alignment other than by installing a leveling kit, I would get the wheels and tires then get it done immediately after. Most tire installers do alignments too. Don't wait to get the alignment done after a leveling kit install. It may feel and drive normal, but it is out of alignment. Your tires will be turning into racing slicks before you know it.

I would say yes on the alignment if you are doing a leveling kit after the tire and wheel install. If you are in need of an alignment other than by installing a leveling kit, I would get the wheels and tires then get it done immediately after. Most tire installers do alignments too. Don't wait to get the alignment done after a leveling kit install. It may feel and drive normal, but it is out of alignment. Your tires will be turning into racing slicks before you know it.

If you are changing wheel size other than factory specs, doing a different offset and so on, I would say yes to getting aligned.

It's an 05 with 180k on it, I already have a leveling kit and I am going from a 245 on the stock 16" wheel to a 285 on a 16x8 wheel with 0mm offset

I have an alignment done after doing anything with the front end, including getting new tires.

The reason I fo it is because I don't want to have a set of new tires destroyrf because I tried to save a few dollars. An alignment is much easier on the wallet than another set of tires.

Having worked in a garage for several years doing alignments. I will always tell people to let me see the old tires before you buy new. Because a vehicle can be in specs and still wear the tires. So the camber is set to improve the wear. And then the caster is set to make it drive straight.

Having worked in a garage for several years doing alignments. I will always tell people to let me see the old tires before you buy new. Because a vehicle can be in specs and still wear the tires. So the camber is set to improve the wear. And then the caster is set to make it drive straight.

That's got it covered , and its the best way to tell

Archived