How long after truck is built does it arrive at dealership?

The long trip to Ontario summed up:

Order day;

wait 6 weeks for Production day;

wait a week to load on the train;

three weeks on the train & arrive in Ingersol;

two weeks in Ingersol waiting for dealer to pick it up.

So for me the total wait was 6 weeks for delivery and a total of 12 weeks from placing the order.

I put my order in 6/26 for my 15 silverado. July 15th they started production. My tpw is 8/25

My tpw is 6 weeks from the start of production.

If only the truck plant was like the flex plant up in Oshawa Canada where my Camaro was built.

It left Ontario Oshawa Canada and 16hrs later by the end of the day it arrived in ft smith Arkansas. Spent the night and arrived in mesquite the very next day! That was traveling through a snow storm in every state.

Mexico seems to be more of a PIA than Canada lol

Order to build was four weeks. Then it sat in Mexico for four weeks. Then they lost my truck at the Florida port for six weeks and then lied to me about it. Finally arrived after fifteen weeks.

And it's been at the dealership for warranty and PDI work that was halfarsed longer than I've had it to drive.

Ordered my GMC 6/14. Dealer had vin number and invoice papers by the first week of July. I live in central wi. Truck has been tracked to Chicago. Still waiting for delivery...Chicago is only 150 miles away from my dealer. GM's delivery system sucks.

I put my order in 6/26 for my 15 silverado. July 15th they started production. My tpw is 8/25

If only the truck plant was like the flex plant up in Oshawa Canada where my Camaro was built.

It left Ontario Oshawa Canada and 16hrs later by the end of the day it arrived in ft smith Arkansas. Spent the night and arrived in mesquite the very next day! That was traveling through a snow storm in every state.

This might be a stupid question, but you can order a '15 now?

Yes I ordered my truck on the day you could first order ( June 26th ) I ordered from classic chevy of grapevine

Also known as the #1 dealership in sales 8 years in a row. If your dealer can't then call classic and have them drop ship your truck! Awsome expierence with them

The train had to be going 77 mph to make it in 16 hrs....1230 miles

Dfw ( Texas ) had a snow storm hit the day my Camaro pulled out of Oshawa. The wife and I were at home that day and checked gm's website I got off Camaro5.con every 45 minutes to see where it was lol

Yes I was bored and anxious. Every state it passed through had snow!!!!!!! Between Canadian national railway and Burlington northern my car hauled ass all the way here then sat in a rail car for 6 days lol

I don't know how it made it so fast but it did.

Yes I ordered my truck on the day you could first order ( June 26th ) I ordered from classic chevy of grapevine

Also known as the #1 dealership in sales 8 years in a row. If your dealer can't then call classic and have them drop ship your truck! Awsome expierence with them

Sorry to thread jack, everyone.

Thanks for the info, that's def good to know! Just last week my dealer acted like they weren't sure when they could order a '15. Was there a price increase? I'm sure there will be on the 6.2 because of the 8 speed tranny. Did they still give you the 8-12 week window?

i live in Houston and it took about 4 weeks from the time I placed the order to the time it was built and shipped. it took another 4.5 weeks to get from Mexico to my dealers lot. I ordered 9/30/13 and picked it up from the dealer on 11/29/13. it sat at the train yard in north Houston for the longest. about 1-2 weeks.

I placed my order Dec.11/13, truck arrived at dealer Feb.14/14. So almost exactly 8 weeks, The travel portion from Mexico to BC Canada took 20 days. The information I got when tracking it was a bit interesting... Laredo TX, Bensenville IL, then nothing hahaha. I'm assuming it went across the border into Ontario then back across Canada to me on the west coast. Seemed like a long way to go!

Archived