Order Placed July 26

Hey everyone, long time reader here.

My order went in on Saturday 07/26 for a 2500 HD 4WD Crew Cab Standard Box LTZ Z71 Duramax.

Duramax Plus, LTZ Plus, Driver Alert, roof marker lamps, cargo box LED, 18 inch wheels

Black exterior, jet black interior

I will keep you all updated about the production schedule and will post pictures when the new beast finally gets here.

Gringo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fyi

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints. (A Constraint is a limit placed on an specific build configurations.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)

4. Dealer Review-You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.

Truck was accepted by production control with one change to the order code for the camper mirrors. Here is the bulletin:

Due to HD Pick-up changeover from the 2015MY to the 2015iMY, several hundred Heavy Duty Pick-ups were in-system returned to the Placed tab so that they could be re-edited and receive the new 2015i MY content. Please be advised that any HD Pick-up orders that remain in the Placed Tab have a failed edit which is preventing their return to the In-System tab. These orders need to be corrected before they can be sent back to the In-System tab. Please make the necessary corrections.

Here is a guide to the most frequent/relevant failed edits:

If Silverado/Sierra reject message indicates U2M error, change to U2K.

If Silverado/Sierra reject message indicates DPN error, change to DQS.

If Sierra Denali reject message indicates PYS error, change to RQA.

Gringo

Awesome, I'm excited to see if there will be any updates on mine today.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out my truck has two constraints; the Diesel engine and the 20" wheels [emoji17]

Just found out my truck has two constraints; the Diesel engine and the 20" wheels [emoji17]

Back out and get the Denali, comes with everything you want and about the same price. I got mines with:

6.6 Duramax

Sunroof

Driver alert

20 inch wheels

and more

got them down to $57K from $66K

If you get the Duramax, your spending about 2K under the Denali.

Back out and get the Denali, comes with everything you want and about the same price. I got mines with:

6.6 Duramax

Sunroof

Driver alert

20 inch wheels

and more

got them down to $57K from $66K

If you get the Duramax, your spending about 2K under the Denali.

I don't care for the front end of the GMC's including the Denali, otherwise I would. I get employee pricing, so the cost difference is minor.

Andy Miodynski

• 4 weeks later...

I was told today to place an order for a High Country, as I had a better chance of getting the truck.. Really, took them 45 days to tell me that I should order a 2500 High Country !! :M16: So I ended up ordering a White one with all the same options. Lets see what happens.. :rant:

Update: Truck was built on 08/27, but it is still in Flint, MI due to "quality control hold."

Gringo

I had received the same info...sitting in Flint, MI waiting for quality control to release. Looks like we'll be waiting at least 2 weeks before it arrives to the dealership...hopefully!

I had received the same info...sitting in Flint, MI waiting for quality control to release. Looks like we'll be waiting at least 2 weeks before it arrives to the dealership...hopefully!

Check with your dealer. My truck was released from the quality check this morning and is ready for shipment.

Gringo

Check with your dealer. My truck was released from the quality check this morning and is ready for shipment.

Gringo

i checked with the dealer on Sat...truck was released and is sitting on rail waiting to ship. Once it ships it will take a few days to reach the depot in my area, sit for a few more days while quality control does a second check then off to my dealership. This is what they're telling me

Archived