Extra/Unused 125A Post on Battery Distribution Block

The battery distribution "block" (which I must state looks nice but is a complete bitch to deal with for running power) has an extra/unused 125 amp fused post location. The rest are occupied by OEM wiring in my truck. I'm talking about the distribution of wires sitting atop the Group 94R battery that comes with these trucks.

Does anyone know if this particular location has a specific purpose in, say, HD trucks?

I'm assuming that's what the GM-factory dual battery setup might be using or that GM put it there for accessory add-ons. The likelihood of blowing it is low but, if you do pop it, what sucks is that you'd have to replace the entire fuse block. And regular large gauge terminals are not as "extended and flat" as the OEM wiring and I cannot find OEM-style terminations anywhere that'd fit in there just as nicely.

I'm trying to determine if I should use it for a dual battery or not (while attempting to keep the stock terminal cover in tact and looking nice) for the purposes of a car audio installation.

Archived