what are your opinions on this Article

Yeah! I saw that . This shit is getting old. Between the recalls, TSBs, all the other problems I haven't gotten to enjoy this truck at all. This is starting to get embarrassing. GM should offer "FREQUENT FLYIER MILES" or something for all the trouble and waste of time. I think Im going to ask for a discount on some Step Rails when I take mine in for another time next week. Wont hold my breath. :banghead:

Yeah! I saw that . This shit is getting old. Between the recalls, TSBs, all the other problems I haven't gotten to enjoy this truck at all. This is starting to get embarrassing. GM should offer "FREQUENT FLYIER MILES" or something for all the trouble and waste of time. I think Im going to ask for a discount on some Step Rails when I take mine in for another time next week. Wont hold my breath. :banghead:

good luck with the steps, maybe they will just give them to you for your troubles? that looks like it hurts.

All 6 recalls don't apply to everyone. I have only had 2 recall on my truck so far. I think they could have waited a little longer to test them before putting them on the road though. I also saw today they are moving the next body redesign up by 9 months for a 2018 model year.

559,000 vehicles with an oil cooler line that was not secure. 467,000 trucks that could shift into neutral unexpectedly. 378,000 trucks with exhaust components that could overheat. 70,000 vehicles with warning chimes that failed to alert divers when a door was open.

Yet to see a truck with any of these issues. At work everyday in the dealership.

I've gone in for several recalls but they were quickly taken care of, and none was applicable or reasonably likely. But I'm glad GM is recalling them when they find stuff. I'd much rather that than deal with a manufacturer who either refuses to recall or denies the issue.

I love my truck. I haven't had one bit of trouble in 8 months of ownership.

I have the shift to neutral one that's it. Every manufacturer has recalls. With how many components go into a modern auto its inevitable that some will fail or be faulty. Just how it is these days that's how i see it ford and dodge are no better or worse to me but I'm a GM guy for life

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

GM is being raked over the coals right now over doing nothing about an ignition switch. With all the TSB's and recalls happening now on all the different lines, I see that as a sign of a change in culture, good thing to me.

although ive only had my 14 sierra a couple weeks its been great and i absolutely love it. my only complaint is i wish i ponied up a few extra bucks for different OEM rims but thats a easy fix.

559,000 vehicles with an oil cooler line that was not secure. 467,000 trucks that could shift into neutral unexpectedly. 378,000 trucks with exhaust components that could overheat. 70,000 vehicles with warning chimes that failed to alert divers when a door was open.

Yet to see a truck with any of these issues. At work everyday in the dealership.

im a loyal GM owner, im on my 4th GM vehicle now(and next will most likely be another) over the years all my trucks had steering intermediate shaft issues, usually just under torqued causing a click, one dealer changed every steering component under warranty then i told them to re-torque the shaft and the click went way.

as for GM's transmission lines, they are far from perfect, i wish they would make the fittings stainless because that is the weak point usually. i personally had the tranny cooler lines blow off my CTS, and over the years n the CTS forum you would see 1 person pipe up every 1 week to a month with them blowing right off the rad and leaving them stranded. half the people didnt notice and just tried to accelerate overheating the tranny and blowing it, i knew there was a issue pulled over and got away with a good tranny flush, full service and new lines.

GM has always had transfer case issues on their trucks as well. usually they reject going into 4x4, had it happen on my jimmy and my sisters colorado does it sometimes as well, apparently its sometimes caused by moisture getting into the 4x4 module but that was on older trucks, now its software issues.

i hope they can get their act together with some of these things but no car rolled out by any company i perfect, they all have their issues and recalls, some are just made more public than others.

my next vehicle i hope to be a Camaro SS which i almost bought back in november or december...but ill be keeping my truck.

Spend some time on the other sites. Ford, Ram, Toyota, Ill stick with GM.

Exactly... media is hyping the BS just like they did to Toyota over that stupid floor mat deal. Toyota was burned bad for stupid shit for a few years of the complaints of sticking pedals when it was the persons own damn fault! It's infuriating to have sissy's rule the world! I have one recall against my Sierra but no leaks so I'm not even worried about it. I'll eventually get it done I guess to get it out of the system.

Meh, you know what I've had my truck at the dealer for these issues and never once did I feel like it was a hassle. I call the dealer a few days before, make an appointment, then drop the truck off in the morning. I always have a loaner car waiting and im on my way to work. Maybe 20-30 mins out of my way. The truck is usually done in one day and I go get it after work and return the loaner.

It just so happens that my dealer is in between my home and my work, so it makes things a little more convenient. Not everyone can be so lucky.

regardless of the recalls, I love the hell out of this truck. I can see myself driving it for years.

Unless someone makes a badass electric pickup....

Big deal. I've driven almost 8,000 trouble free miles with my truck and have spent a grand total of 1.5 hrs at the dealership to perform an oil change a recall work, all under warranty.

still completely satisfied with my 2014 Chevy

Now that the radio issue is resolved I am 100% happy with mine as well.

You all bitch when manufactures wont recall of issue TSB's to fix things, now that GM is doing just that you all are bitching. Make up your mind, I bet you all would bitch if you were hung with a brand new rope as the ole saying goes.

Archived