Just picked up a Gen 4 G19

Screw you California and your safe handgun roster. Purchased via Single Shot Exemption. I have 3 more G19's and a Sig 556 pistol (with arm brace) stacked up to the end of the year before SSE's are no more.

I'm not familiar with California rules, what is a single shot exemption?

It looks like modifying a gun (semi auto pistol) to a minimum barrel length, and blocking the mag to only allow one shot before reloading. It is a way to purchase guns not on the approved roster in Cali. My guess would be to "modify" it back to stock after purchase. Found this here as I was curious myself:

http://www.directactionsolutions.net/single-shot-exemption-explanation/

My favorite part about my gun is that it says not legal in california. That means its a good one, lol.

LOL...That means it's a normal firearm and isn't dangerously modified to appease the Commies in Cali.!

California is TERRIBLE with their laws. The Gen.3 & Gen.4 Glocks are identical in function and appearance. Only difference is grip texture and recoil spring design. Gen.3 is "safe" and on the approved list, Gen.4 is not, makes sense huh?

Just goes to show that these anti-gunners have absolutely no idea about firearms. They just want to take your rights away and make it as hard as possible for non-criminals to purchase and own a firearm.

I would bet a large amount of money that you can buy a Gen.4 Glock from a gangbanger on the street but they can't be sold in a gun shop, imagine that!

With their restrictions, you are seeing mose manufacturers no longer bowing down to those laws by making special "safe" models. It's much easier and cheaper for them to just leave Cali. out of the loop. Sucks for the people out there because it's slin picking because of that.

LOL...That means it's a normal firearm and isn't dangerously modified to appease the Commies in Cali.!

California is TERRIBLE with their laws. The Gen.3 & Gen.4 Glocks are identical in function and appearance. Only difference is grip texture and recoil spring design. Gen.3 is "safe" and on the approved list, Gen.4 is not, makes sense huh?

Just goes to show that these anti-gunners have absolutely no idea about firearms. They just want to take your rights away and make it as hard as possible for non-criminals to purchase and own a firearm.

I would bet a large amount of money that you can buy a Gen.4 Glock from a gangbanger on the street but they can't be sold in a gun shop, imagine that!

With their restrictions, you are seeing mose manufacturers no longer bowing down to those laws by making special "safe" models. It's much easier and cheaper for them to just leave Cali. out of the loop. Sucks for the people out there because it's slin picking because of that.

So true. All the gun manufactures are sick of it as evidenced by them leaving non gun friendly states and moving to gun friendly ones. Its like the administration banning the import of russian made guns as sanctions against russia. If you really wanted to hurt them shouldnt they have banned the import of russian vodka, and as far as i have seen, that is the only "sanction" against them. Nice ploy to stop some guns from being imported is what I say.

A handgun that shoots one round before you reload? What's the point?

I'd get the hell out and leave everyone with "common sense" to stay in Cali to enjoy their crime-ridden state.

It seems its just a "loophole" to jump through. For now, til its outlawed. Either way, that sucks.

Archived