Aftermarket heated seat kits

Clazzio finally has covers for the double cabs. Ive read tons and tons of good reviews on them so ive been waiting. I also read that theyre heated seat kits are sub par so im looking into other brands. Clazzio says to adhere the kit the the back side of the covers before installation so I dont have to take factory cloth off first. Whats a good brand to look at? I plan on doing both front seats with two separate switches (preferably the circular kind) on the side of the seats where the adjustment controls are. And for wiring, do they need to go to a blank fuse box or can I add an inline fuse and tap into a wire thats keyed (or better yet one thats hot when remote start is enabled)

http://katzkin.com/

ive heard Katzkin is amazing quality, i know a local ford dealer that offers them as a dealer installed upgraded leather.

as for which heated seat elements to use, someone said that the OEM wires are behind the dash and under the seat...no clue if they actually work just by plugging stuff in, if that is the case i would personally buy OEM seat elements, switches and a new bezel for the dash and put the Katzkin leathers on.

this is my plan once i figure out for sure of the OEM wires work. it will be a next summer project.

Archived