air lift 5000 and standard duty compressor confusion!!

OK, here is the deal I have 14 GMC sierra 1500 lifted 6" bought a new travel trailer it pulls it just fine but didn't like the rear sag so I bought a Air Lift 5000 system and a standard load compressor.My problem is in the direction and internet info on where to mount the compressor. the direction say no engine compartment mounting due to heat,but states close to battery and keep away from moisture. so I called air lift tech support and he said best place to mount is under spare tire or inside frame rail. both seem wrong if u need to put close to battery {under spare is as far as you can get away} and inside frame rail would it not get wet?also he said to mount the snorkel facing rear of truck but I told him it has air vents on both sides of compressor? So my main question is where should I mount compressor and if on rail isn't that getting it wet if it rains or snows?

Main issue is the further from the battery the larger the power and ground wires need to be, other than that you should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

The standard duty compressor wont last a year if it is mounted under the vehicle. We typically mount the HD compressors on the drivers side frame rail with an extended intake tube above the T-case. I would recommend mounting inside cab to the back wall of the truck. The noise is annoying, but it will last longer. Secondary option would be under the hood. It doesn't get too hot if you mount it near the fender. The distance from the battery should not be a concern if you make proper splices. The supplied wiring is plenty thick for the amount of draw.

Archived