No low end power

To day a ups truck Abt beat me in one of those lanes that merge after a stop light. Now I'm sure this ups truck wasn't special or aftermarket so knowing that that was a challenge I'm kinda ticked..

I don't know what it could be the throttle position sensor seems to be working fine

My only guesses are

A cam and headers with no custom tuning

1 3/4 inch headers to 2 1/2 inch pipeing with resonators it may give it to much back pressure

Or the cat delete may give it not enough back pressure

Lastly maybe the throttlebody spacer has some play

I can catalog on my predator tuner so if there's any questions I want my MAFsensor running or I like that I can answer

It sort of is but it seems to me by the heading I made that there was more focus on spinning tires then the lack of power. I wasn't sure if I should post on that thread because it seems as tho my power got even more sluggish. And instead of getting more spin the tire comments I want some ideas of what could cause the lack of power because even pulling a trailer with 2 quads and 2 dirtbikes was a bit of a struggle with it. And before the motor rebuild I had no problem pulling 3 snowmobiles all the way up north which way abt twice as much as the quads I had on there. And even putting smaller tires on my truck didn't help anything... At least from what I noticed. It should have been quick with smaller tires on.. It was abt the same maybe a 1/4 sec better 0-60

You answered your own question. It was fine before the rebuild but sluggish afterwards.

Have you had black bear do any tuning for you? Have you done anything we suggested you do in the previous thread?

Remove the throttle body spacer from your thoughts, it has no bearing on anything. The exhaust is fine, backpressure isn't a worry in this case, whether to much or to little.

YOU NEED TO HAVE A CUSTOMIZED TUNE TAILORED TO YOUR HEAD AND CAM SETUP, AND YOU NEED BETTER GEARING.

You answered your own question. It was fine before the rebuild but sluggish afterwards.

Have you had black bear do any tuning for you? Have you done anything we suggested you do in the previous thread?

Remove the throttle body spacer from your thoughts, it has no bearing on anything. The exhaust is fine, backpressure isn't a worry in this case, whether to much or to little.

YOU NEED TO HAVE A CUSTOMIZED TUNE TAILORED TO YOUR HEAD AND CAM SETUP, AND YOU NEED BETTER GEARING.

I have not gotten around to doing any of the suggested things listed to me. And I have been talking to black bear and as soon as I pay my credit card off this week I will be getting the tune to give it a shot. The reason I started this thread is because it feels as tho I lost more power since I started the last thread which is making me think it could be another problem. And that's good to know that the exhaust isn't the problem I was worried cutting down the piping from the stock 3in out for the manifolds to 2 1/2 in was part if my problem. I will remove the tb spacer as soon as I find the bolts that were in it. I have the ability to get a supercharger I just don't want to do that if the motor isn't running correctly first

I messeged bb about my problems and if he says there's a possibility that all need is custom tune I'll do it. And then I'll update the forum with the results to know if it's been fixed. just waiting for black bear to email back.

He emailed me back so now I just have to fix my 4 low and I will be sending the money over. I have a question on 4 low I was going to get the transfer case motor but does the safety neutral switch have a play in this? Today I noticed if I don't have my foot on the break I can shift my lever to drive or w.e I also noticed that when I set cruise and then put it in neutral it will raise my RPM like it's trying to keep my truck doing 50mph I can even do 50mph put the truck in neutral and set cruise it will then raise RPM up to rev limit trying to stay at 50mph??? Weird?

Some of the UPS trucks are darn quick. It amazes me how differently each "package car" performs even ones of the same size. I swear some of our gas trucks are faster than my 2500HD lol. What really amazes me is how gutless our diesels are.

Find what? Who the heck is OPPO?

• 2 weeks later...

You did a cam and headers and NO TUNE????

Tale your $ out in the street and burn it, thats about the same- really these engines are so sensitive today to the tune. You will be AMAZED at how much power you pick up.....

Avalon

Do the dyno tune and get rid of the TB spacer- they don't do anything.

Depending on what cam you have you may have lost some low end torque- we need the specs. Good luck!!!

Avalon

Archived