Speed limiter??

Guys just wondering if the only way to get rid of my 98 mph top speed is a tune?? Watched a video of a denali on youtube with the american racing headers and corsa exhaust and his went way above 100. Thought I read in the comments on the video that he said it was untuned...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was the vid of a Canadian truck? If so, 100 MPH is like 150-160 km/h. Also, you don't want to raise the limiter without addressing issues like tires and the driveshaft. Both can fail catastrophically at speed.

This truck has a texas plate. I'm familiar with modding the right way but didn't think it would be that big of an issue with the driveshaft and tires due to the truck having 140 on thd speedo. I know the truck is capable but thought they just put the limiter there for warranty reasons. Got a 450 whp neon in the garage that's got 160 on the speedo and it never had a limiter. Guess ive just been used to it for the last 9 years. Lolol

Dunno if there is a difference between the speed limiter in the 5.3 and 6.2 engines, but the speed limiter in my 6.2L Silverado is at 112 mph..

might be higher on the 6.2. But I know for a fact its around 98-100 mph on my 5.3.

Yeah my 6.2 hits 98 and falls on her face.

Dunno if there is a difference between the speed limiter in the 5.3 and 6.2 engines, but the speed limiter in my 6.2L Silverado is at 112 mph..

It stops at 112 mph?

Yeah my 6.2 hits 98 and falls on her face.

It stops at 112 mph?

Yes, it's 2014 if that makes a difference.

Yeah mine is a 2014 cc sierra 2wd with the 6.2. It shuts off at 98.

I THOUGHT THE GEARING IN THE REAR END DETERMINED SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE MPH NO??? LIKE IF IT HAS 4.10 GEARS I BELIEVE THE TRUCKS ECM WILL ALLOW IT TO GO HIGHER THEN 100. I COULD BE WRONG. HAVE YALL GUYS CHECKED OUT YALLS BUILD SHEETS TO SEE WHAT YOUR TRUCK HAS FROM FACTORY?

Archived