Dash rattle solved

Finding those annoying rattles is awsome. Very satisfying when you fix them once and for all.

I have a squeak from under the truck, whenever I step on gas at about 20mph to 50mph. Have sprayed just about everything that moves underneath and still have not found it!

Starting to wonder if throttle body is making it?????

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you ripped out just the one that moves or the entire clip? Did you break it off or did that one middle peice separate from the rest? Thanks.

the whole thing comes out. Leave the other one there that's next to it. The sunglasses door still stays closed without that clip. See attached pic.

post-129362-0-48405800-1425000285_thumb.jpg

the whole thing comes out. Leave the other one there that's next to it. The sunglasses door still stays closed without that clip. See attached pic.

Thanks Stevev! Did you just pull it out with grabbing it or with pliers? Is there a certain way it comes out? Just don't want to break anything taking it out. Thanks for the help.

I'm loving the fact that everyone is ripping this piece out and it has absolutely nothing to do with the sun glass door staying opened or closed....WTF!!?

I'll be ripping mine out this week I Just amazed it doesn't seem to serve a purpose!?

I tell you what , that thing was dirving me insane.

For 2 months , I was almost going mad trying to figure it out . I was never ever to pin pioint the noise to the sunglass holder , I always thought it was pass door.

It was like the heavens gate opened when I saw the older thread about this little clip .. F that clip!

I tell you what , that thing was dirving me insane.

For 2 months , I was almost going mad trying to figure it out . I was never ever to pin pioint the noise to the sunglass holder , I always thought it was pass door.

It was like the heavens gate opened when I saw the older thread about this little clip .. F that clip!

You couldn't have said it better. I thought it was the passenger door too. I was trying to feel and push everything on the passenger side to see it that was the rattle. I also was happy to see this thread. F that clip!!!

F that clip is right! I located it in my truck and ripped it out with some needle nosed pliers. I was a little apprehensive at first but went thru with it. Since its been out, its been a lot quiter. Its amazing how that rattle really makes you think its something in the passenger side

Ok, I have a rattle in my passanger side dash that is not associated with the sunglass holder issue on this thread. It appears only when the temperature is 65°F or above and does not rattle when it is cold. With this said, it appears to be in the glove box area as I can remove the lower glove box and it goes away. Chevy has replaced the glove box 2 times and then stated they tighted up bolts where the dash meets the pillar.

Rattle still there. I have pulled both glove boxes out and cannot see any loose plastic pieces or wiring that would cause this. The rattle is not there when the glove boxes are out so im assuming it has to do with the plastic contracting when its cold and expanding when its warm causing the rattle.

While driving down the road I can open the top glove box and put pressure on the bottom of it and the rattle goes away. I have put sticky back insulation, felt pads everywhere I can think of and the rattle still re-appears. Has anyone else experienced this rattle if so what and how was if fixed?

I have the same exact rattle. I forgot about it as it went away over the winter. The weather warmed up this week and it's back and driving me crazy.

Archived