1999 Lq4 Motor swap

I got a 1999 Chev 2500 with the 6.0 lQ4 with iron heads, i want to direct plug and play with a new motor, do i need an iron head lq4 or can i use a newer aluminum head lq4 for my swap. Im mostly concerned at how the flexplate will bolt up. Since the new motor will already be out and the truck has a lift and 35s would it be a good idea to put a cam in or anything else before i put it in. I can also get a 250xxxkm 6.0 from salvage for about $600 anything to worry about at that milage?

It was all cable on these before 2003

He said he wanted a plug and play so i was wondering what year motor LQ4 he wanted to install, didnt the work vans continue to have cable for a little while after 03?

He said he wanted a plug and play so i was wondering what year motor LQ4 he wanted to install, didnt the work vans continue to have cable for a little while after 03?

For plug and play he just reuses his existing intake manifold, rails, injectors, and throttle body.

LQ4 was in an 04 classic and h a d the cam sensor in the correct place. He knows he wants an LQ4 so he wont have any cross generation issues

Ok so the motor in the truck is unbolted and ready to be pulled and it is throttle by cable. The owner said he thinks he spun a main bearing. Since you think id have to overhaul it anyway would it just pay to rebuild this one? Im pretty new when it comes to this so if i overhaul what would i need to get before tearing the motor down? Or a better question would be what would i have to do to it. Im also thinking a cam so what would you guys suggest? If i do that i think i would need a programmer aswell? and what other mods are cheap for these motors, longtubes?

Archived