burning oil 2014

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, a new truck is a stretch. Maybe you can get a new engine if you press hard enough. But make sure they determine and fix the cause of the problem, not just the resulting damage. If they cannot confidently, 100% determine the root cause, I think you have better chance at new engine or extended warranty. If you dont keep vehicles longer than 100k miles, then push for new engine. But honestly, wouldn't sweat it too much if the find the cause and fix it right.

Why would a new truck be a stretch. People got new trucks for shakes and vibrations.

Why would a new truck be a stretch. People got new trucks for shakes and vibrations.

Yeah, after several attempts ro fix the issue. If they replace the engine, and its fixed (once and done)...that's what the warranty is covering.

They are going to do what ever is cost effective for them and to get you passed the warranty period on your truck. I had a transmission second gear band go out in my trail blazer ss, they just replaced the part. They had the transmission tore down and didn't touch anything else. I would have paid extra for a complete kit for it, they already had it apart, wasn't given the option. I didn't know it till I saw the warranty repair sheet.

Yeah, after several attempts ro fix the issue. If they replace the engine, and its fixed (once and done)...that's what the warranty is covering.

Right. The issue wasn't resolved after several attempts to fix. Everybody knows the problem is the engine in this case. Find and repair root cause (and all resulting damage) or get a new engine. That's what I would push for.

I have never had any luck when a dealership attempts to repair an engine. Both times it happened to me I ended up trading the vehicle in several months later. One was for a leaking front and rear main, the other was a bad cam shaft. They both ran like crap after the dealership tore into them. A brand new crate motor would probably be a good solution.

I have never had any luck when a dealership attempts to repair an engine. Both times it happened to me I ended up trading the vehicle in several months later. One was for a leaking front and rear main, the other was a bad cam shaft. They both ran like crap after the dealership tore into them. A brand new crate motor would probably be a good solution.

I agree 100%! I would not take anything less. I would demand a brand new crate motor or a new truck anything less I would get an attorney involved.

With all the trouble I've had with mine, I don't think it will make it much farther than it's 2nd birthday in my driveway. I guess it was built on Friday at Beer-thirty.

Now I'm just driving the crap out of it.

I hope they get you taken care of properly and at least use a crate motor as everyone has suggested.

Have you ever noticed any oil stains on the ground under the truck? Or heavy smoke as you drive it coming out of the exhaust ? Seems to me that is a lot of oil loss in a short amount of time. I would think it would have been noticeably smoking or dripping oil.

Right. The issue wasn't resolved after several attempts to fix. Everybody knows the problem is the engine in this case. Find and repair root cause (and all resulting damage) or get a new engine. That's what I would push for.

They haven't even attempted to fix this oil leak...so its warranty, not lemon.

Archived