2015 Tahoe-Movement in Drivers Seat

2015 Tahoe here. The drivers seat is popping, slight movement at low speed turns.

I have read about the hose clamp for 2014 GM trucks.

Has anyone had a 2015 Tahoe/Sub fixed?

Took to the dealership a few weeks ago, they couldnt duplicate. I don't think they test drove it.

Thx

Hello Quimby4,

We understand how frustrating this may seem, but we can certainly reach out to the dealership to request a possible ride a long with the dealership to possible duplicate. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to your response!

Patsy G

GM Customer Care

2015 Suburban LT with the same "pop" occasionally in the driver's seat. About 4,000 miles but it's been doing it since 750. I never did anything about it but wanted to chime in as it's clearly not an isolated issue.

2015 Suburban LT with the same "pop" occasionally in the driver's seat. About 4,000 miles but it's been doing it since 750. I never did anything about it but wanted to chime in as it's clearly not an isolated issue.

Hey ateam,

We're sorry to hear you're hearing a similar popping noise in the driver's seat. Feel welcomed to send us a PM if you'd like for us to research this further. We can contact the dealership on your behalf and assist with getting this addressed as soon as possible. Hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

Edited by GM Customer Service
  • Like 1

I have a 2015 Tahoe with the movement with the front seat. When I called the service dept of course they said they had never heard of this and checked all recalls and TSB's and said there was none. I made the appointment anyway and the tech found The latest TSB # PI 1376: Front Seat Lateral Movement and/Click Type Noise While Driving dated Dec 10,2014. The main point of this TSBseems to be the GM Super Lube part # 12371287. It goes into detail about greasing the Pivot Bar. It also mentions to replace the Lateral retainer and add a Shim Clip if needed. All parts are listed in the 8 page instructions. I got the truck back today and seems ok but will update if things change. I hope this helps everyone. IIt covers 2015 Escalade,Siverado,Sierra,Suburban,Yukon and of course the Tahoe Models

I have a 2015 Tahoe with the movement with the front seat. When I called the service dept of course they said they had never heard of this and checked all recalls and TSB's and said there was none. I made the appointment anyway and the tech found The latest TSB # PI 1376: Front Seat Lateral Movement and/Click Type Noise While Driving dated Dec 10,2014. The main point of this TSBseems to be the GM Super Lube part # 12371287. It goes into detail about greasing the Pivot Bar. It also mentions to replace the Lateral retainer and add a Shim Clip if needed. All parts are listed in the 8 page instructions. I got the truck back today and seems ok but will update if things change. I hope this helps everyone. IIt covers 2015 Escalade,Siverado,Sierra,Suburban,Yukon and of course the Tahoe Models

Thank you for posting this!!

Did your dealership replace the lateral retainer and add the shim chip?

Please report back as to if it starts to move again or holds tight.

Thx

Mine does it too. A little off topic but has anyone noticed that their drivers seat leans to the left? I feel like I'm leaning towards the drivers window on the rear portion of the seat cushion. I'm going to take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My 2015 Tahoe LTZ with only 2700mi on it does the same thing. The driver's side seat moves side to side and sometimes forward on harder stops. Took it to the dealer and they stated there is a TSB for this issue. TSB# 4032264. The dealer had to order the parts and I am waiting for them to come in. I hope this takes care of the issue. I will keep checking back on the posts to see if the shims etc take care of the problem. If it does not, then I will demand a new seat. This could be a safety issue and is certainly distracting while driving. I wish I could view the other TSB that was mentioned in this forum because the number I received is different than the one in an earlier post. Seems like GM knows about this problem and is trying to address it however I am not happy I even have to deal with this stuff. $70,000 gets me a seat that doesn't hold up.

• Like 1

2015 Tahoe, repair done today for driver seat lateral movement and popping sound.

Seems fixed but time will tell. Mine wasnt the first repair at dealership, others fixed before mine and supposidly problem rectified.

Reading the service order is this info:

950347 W

Retainer 13405675

F-Retainer 13594989

4569 7080188 lubricate front seat pivot points installed lateral retainer

• Like 1

I have had the repair completed. So far the fix is working and the issue hasn't returned. Seems like the right fix.

Parts used were: 13405675 Retainer

13594989 F-Retainer

11509086 (S) Strap

Hope this info helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

New to the site!

I have the same problem. When I first encountered it I searched and found this thread.. I told the dealer about the issue and told them that it was clear that the issue was not particular to me based on the posts found on the web.. They said they were not aware of any issues noted by GM. They took the truck for the day to do some other items that need to be dealt with and said they took it for a ride and the seat was functioning as designed and they did not feel any shifting.. Well not sure how that is possible because when I drive it, it is extremely apparent! Must be a particular shaped but we all have that makes it happen?

What a shame, it takes a 72k truck and makes it feel like a loose bucket of bolts.. It is extremely frustrating.. This is my fist GM, and was impressed until I got to this!

Any advice on how to force the dealer to do the fix?

Thanks for the support!

I have had the repair completed. So far the fix is working and the issue hasn't returned. Seems like the right fix.

Parts used were: 13405675 Retainer

13594989 F-Retainer

11509086 (S) Strap

Hope this info helps.

aduss - obviously there is an issue with some of these trucks and dealers are handling it differently. You don't want advice from anyone how to force the dealer to do something, take it back in and tell the service tech to duplicate your driving style. After you talk to the tech, go speak with the Service Manager and tell him you understand some trucks are not having the problem but some are, in particular yours. Provide him with the parts list and tell him your expectation is the vehicle will be fixed when you pick it up. If it is not fixed, then take the issue to the manager of the business. If that doesn't work, the lack of satisfactory service has to be reflected on the customer feedback form, a bad rating reflects negatively from the manufacturer.

Edited by The Zip

• 2 weeks later...

There was an old bulletin to only replace the white clips. The new bulletin actually attaches a clamp on the white clips that you can see by looking under the seat. Same issue affects all 2014/15 silverado/sierra.

• 2 weeks later...

The bracket to the frame or the bracket to the seat must be defective.

They replaced the front drivers seat bottom frame on my 2015 suburban and it fixed the seat movement issue.

It's funny today, but look how many times I said that eight months ago in post 9 and 10. I own a vehicle in which the seat was moving, the bottom seat bracket was replaced and the seat movement stopped.