It is here! New 3500!

Wow! Do you transport campers or something? Looks great!

We have a family farm, and a 38' gooseneck trailer we built from a 48' flatbed. The Gooseneck is heavy, and we use it for the farm, as well as hauling scrap construction equipment tracks for some extra cash flow. My father currently uses his 2002 Chevrolet 2500 for this, but the Dually should do it even better.

As promised, here are some more pictures: (it is overcast here today, so the pictures are a bit dark)

2014-08-17_10-49-13_705_zpsc5537cf6.jpg

2014-08-17_10-49-19_817_zpsccd72f2c.jpg

2014-08-17_10-50-37_629_zps619e9376.jpg

2014-08-17_10-50-16_434_zps47f0b029.jpg

The dealer owes me a pair of the 6" chrome running boards still. They should be in this week. Then I will add a bed liner, a B&W turnover ball hitch, and tool box, and she will be ready for some hard work. What are some of the opinions on the different bedliners out there?

The Line-X liners are spray in.

I will be in the minority on this (maybe the only one) but I like having a plastic bedliner. Have one in my 2006 and my 1990 had one as well. You can hit a plastic bedliner with a hammer and it won't dent it. They are very tough, not much can really hurt them. To put in a spray in liner the paint has to be roughed up, and then the liner applied. I have heard a few horror stories about overspray and the liner not bonding properly, but this isn't the norm. I like the plastic liners because they are not permanent and can be removed (and put in) easily. It's also easy to slide heavy objects on the plastic liner. Most have fairly deep ridges to let water drain and hold the cargo out of it. They will not scuff cargo either. Some people say that they will ruin the paint underneath, try getting a spray in liner off and see what the paint looks like! The bed on my 1990 was the only part of the pickup that wasn't rusty. The plastic liners are also a huge deal compared to the spray ins. They aren't for everyone, but I like mine. If I bought a pickup with a spray in, I would put a plastic liner on top.

I would have to say get the Line X, mine has held up great and i do use my truck for work. I like that you have full use of the the bed the drop in liners rob to much bed space in my opinion and i have never had an issue getting something heavy out of the bed. Also your truck is sweet.

You can see my LineX spray in liner. It's 1000 time better then the drop in one it had at the lot. Loaded it up for camping this week the filled the back with wood when we go there. Just hosed it out and it looks new again.

10496177_10152136082566525_8672651462494

Thank you everyone for the advice! I was thinking of maybe doing a hybrid, Linex on the sides and maybe the Weathertech bed liner on the floor? That way it gives some cushion, but has the Linex on the sides?

I have my running boards now, just need to take some pictures of it.

Archived