2015 2500HD Split Year Change?

I noticed that a dealer website had the title "2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD (pre-Sept 2014) Work Truck" for a 2500HD This implies a split year refresh/modification? And that trucks built starting in October are somehow different? (Not sure if the "pre-Sept 2014" is the build date or the expect arrival at the dealer and thus the change has already occurred in the production line).

Comments? Thanks!

There will be truck including Tahoes, Suburban's and the Silverado's under 2015i. Not sure what all the changes are yet, but I have seen the Z71 package will now be availabe on the Tahoe's and Suburban's and the New Towing mirrors are replacing the old (current) tow mirrors on the Silverado's.

My 2500HD on order with TPW of August 25 is 2015i, so production must be starting right around now.

Gringo

Hmm, now if GM can get their suppliers in order ( pay them ), then there wouldn't be so many constraints on parts and more orders could be filled...

Andy Miodynski

I tried placing an order on Sunday for a 2015 Silverado 2500HD and my dealer said he still didn't have pricing for the 2015i trucks so really couldn't give me an exact price. He just called about an hour ago and said GM released pricing but it will not be in their ordering system for 7-10 days. He is manually coming up with a price for me today, so should know actual pricing, but can't determine if constraints are met until next week. Man, I really want to get this on order!!

I tried placing an order on Sunday for a 2015 Silverado 2500HD and my dealer said he still didn't have pricing for the 2015i trucks so really couldn't give me an exact price. He just called about an hour ago and said GM released pricing but it will not be in their ordering system for 7-10 days. He is manually coming up with a price for me today, so should know actual pricing, but can't determine if constraints are met until next week. Man, I really want to get this on order!!

I know exactly how you feel! And I've only been waiting 19 days!! But my order is still not set for Production [emoji17]

Sent from your spare bedroom

I was able to order a 2015i Silverado 2500HD on Saturday but dealer still did not have pricing. The differences that were shown on the order sheet were the new camper mirrors, new 18" and 20" wheels (now chrome) and removal of Blue Granite and Blue Topaz colors. They added the Rainforest Green and Deep Ocean Blue Metallic. I would really like to see the blue, the 1"x1" color chip looked great, tough to order a truck in a color I haven't seen yet though. Still deciding between the Tungsten and Ruby Red.

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD

Deletions
(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators

(G56) Blue Granite Metallic exterior color

(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

New Features
(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity

USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat

Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 models

Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar: Body-color on High Country; Black on all other models.

(DQS) Premium camper mirrors with chrome cap and new features: Power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carryover features include: Power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.

(DPN) Camper mirrors on WT and LT models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.

(CGN) Spray-on bed liner is now standard on High Country and available on all other trim levels. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall.

(GAJ) Silverado High Country available on Crew Cab only (3LZ).

New (PYV) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on LT and LTZ models

DURALIFE brake rotors

Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available

(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine

(G1K) Deep Ocean Blue Metallic exterior color

(G7J) Rain Forest Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes
(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on LT Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)

HD radio feature removed from all radios

Cluster "tick marks" change from White to Blue

Body color door handles, mirror caps, and body side moldings on LT trim. Chrome belt molding on LTZ and High Country trim.

(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

PS - The 2 new colors are extra cost options.
spacer.gif

I really hope the new wheels don't suck. I hate chrome...

I agree, very curious to see what they will look like.

Andy Miodynski

• 3 months later...

Archived