Whistling Noise

Well after driving it for a few days, it is still whistling! I do not believe it is the mirror after all they have done. Not sure what it is. My only wish is they would hear it when they drive it. I have left my truck with them for about 18 days and they have never heard one whistle. Back to the shop it goes.

That sucks there smith462 iam starting to lean towards the antenna since both Silverado's and GMC'S have it and both frontend designs are different, I keep saying to myself that iam going to remove the radio antenna and go for a ride problem is I keep forgetting about it till I hear it again on the highway.

I recently bought a 2015 and have a whistling noise when I get to around 60 MPH. It sounds like it is either from the roof lights, XM antenna or possibly the windshield. Anyone had or heard of this before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My 2015 has a 1/4 inch gap between the cab and fender. Driver side. The cabs must be built wrong. Didn't notice in till I hand washed it.

• 2 weeks later...

We tested two different LTZs ... the first with sunroof, the second similarly equipped, but with the cab mounted clearance lights. Both were 2015s. We took the clearance light equipped out on the interstate and turned off the radio and heater fan to listen to the sound quality of the ride as there had been a background noise of whistling air ....it was as if a widow was down or a door not shut / sealed.

When we returned to the dealership and told them of the noise, they were at a loss to explain the noise ...other than the possibility of the marker lights causing the turbulence. The general manager is also a pilot and tuned in to vibrations or extraneous / new noises while underway; he understood my concern. We bought the truck and have experienced the noise intermittently. This may not be the same whistle as you are describing, but ... (GM- please send me a bonus reward - power folding mirrors, etc) ... we discovered the source of the whistle last weekend. The ventilated seats cause the whistle right next to your ear ... but make the whistle sound like it is coming from the roof or rear of the cabin !!! YMMV

Edited by mefly2

mine has this noise with the windows up. slight whistling it sounds like or a high pitched hum?? don't start til 55-60mph. windows down and you can't hear it....hmm. frustrating, I usually just turn the radio up lol and forget it's even there

Hi junkyardz,

We apologize you've experienced this whistling noise in your Sierra as well. Have you considered getting this checked out by your dealer? Please feel free to send us a PM if you'd like any assist with that process. We'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

All the antenna did not make a difference. I went on a trip last week and left the truck at the dealers and here is what they came up with. There was a notice put out by GM last week. It talks about whistling noise coming through the engine bay and coming up through the ID plate rivets. So they removed and replaced cowling panel and sealed ID plate rivets. They also found left upper fender to hood molding loose and secured it. I will drive it for a while and let everyone know if this fixed it. It is nice to know the GM has recognized that there is a whistling noise and has put something out. I can only hope this is the fix for mine.

It seams like people are hearing different whistling noises? ? I was able to find out where the whistling was coming from with a roll of painters tape. Whenever I heard the noise I would stop and tape something off. I started with the windshield and found no change. I taped off the center marker light and the whistle stopped. I drove with the tape on and off a few times to verify. I took it to the dealership with what I found and they replaced the center marker light for me. Has been almost 3 weeks and no noise! !! Hopefully this will help some people.