2015 Silverado to sport it up with Rally Edition

Zane

Racing stripes on a pickup are too much. I like the grille idea except the black handles. Why would I want painted grille and black handles? Whoever GM has hired to put these pkgs together doesn't know what truck buyers want.

Edited by AgDoctor
  • Like 1

Racing stripes on a pickup are too much. I like the grille idea except the black handles. Why would I want painted grille and black handles? Whoever GM has hired to put these pkgs together doesn't know what truck buyers want.

Looks great IMO. I'd buy one.

Sorry I missed the rush to get racing stripes on a truck. I can't believe I have overlooked this fad. Sorry just my opinion. Last time racing stripes were cool was on muscle cars. Anybody who disputes this likely has them already.

Wait... the 5.3L is not standard, they don't offer this package in a regular cab short bed, and no 6.2L option? Sounds kind of stupid to me.

It's a budget-oriented package, so it's fairly spartan options-wise. The 6.2 is still LTZ/SLT only and as for no regular cab option- almost no one buys them anymore. There are only a handful of members with them here. I love the stance of the RCSB but they're not common at all these days.

I love the rims. I want some on my Silverado now. To be clear I like the whole truck, but thought the stripes were what was wrong. Admittedly I felt like if they were painting the grille that they should have painted the bumper and handles. I prefer the chrome to what GM has in the RS. Personally I was hoping for a pkg that had painted grille, bumpers, handles, mirror caps, but with black premium wheels. RS pkg should also offer factory tinted headlights and taillights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

When I first read / heard GM was doing a "RALLY" edition, I was kind of excited to see the truck thinking it was going to be a newely released off road truck with a beefed up suspension package and 6.2L engine built to blow the doors off of the Ford cRaptor.

This thing is a joke, it looks good with the colormatching, but that's about it, nothing special. This is just another marketing scheme by GM. With the name "rally edition", it should come with a 6.2L engine, larger off road tires on 17"-18" wheels, taller stance from being lifted a little, kind of like the S10 ZR2 package some years back.

Slap some stickers on it, paint a few extra parts, slap on some giant rapper type WHEELS, and give it a cool name, nothing special. Total disappointment is what I got out of this.

• 2 months later...
Guest Jake Burchette

I have this truck pretty much already. No racing strips because they don't belong on a truck, but pretty much everything else. Here is my 2014 Silvey, it is awfully dirty and in dire need of a bathing.

2014-08-21151722.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of this truck. I like the looks of it and was wanting to get some more looks at some photos.