SILVERADO DISPLAY RECALL?

I just called the dealer to check on my truck. I took it in 5 days ago for the seat repair(fourth time), poor HD radio fix and 4x4 transfer case and air bag recalls. The service tech explained they also have to reprogram the display. I have checked out the GM recalls by VIN and do not see anything listed for the display. I know the Sierra had the peek in issue. Is this the same thing or something else?

I just called the dealer to check on my truck. I took it in 5 days ago for the seat repair(fourth time), poor HD radio fix and 4x4 transfer case and air bag recalls. The service tech explained they also have to reprogram the display. I have checked out the GM recalls by VIN and do not see anything listed for the display. I know the Sierra had the peek in issue. Is this the same thing or something else?

the display was for the peek in odo. just a software update.

They did mine today with the transfer case recall. Something about the accuracy of the odometer. I haven't had any problems but It in. The truck has bee flawless, but it's annoying getting recalls and sitting at the dealership.

They did mine today with the transfer case recall. Something about the accuracy of the odometer. I haven't had any problems but It in. The truck has bee flawless, but it's annoying getting recalls and sitting at the dealership.

Same here on entire quote.

What is this display recall? Im having an issue where my MyLink radio display comes on after the truck is shut off and flashed the "bootup" logo.. then goes dark but still on after I get out of the truck and lock it... Anyone have similar issues?

I had this recall performed on my 14 Sierra. When I got it back, the DIC had some Punky Brewster pastel theme. I showed it to the service writer (Chevy dealer, btw) and he was clueless as to why it changed. The DIC looks pretty juvenile now and doesn't match the rest of the interior. I'm not happy.

I had this recall performed on my 14 Sierra. When I got it back, the DIC had some Punky Brewster pastel theme. I showed it to the service writer (Chevy dealer, btw) and he was clueless as to why it changed. The DIC looks pretty juvenile now and doesn't match the rest of the interior. I'm not happy.

Did they accidentally flash the Chevrolet firmware? Chevy has three themes to choose from and one is a kinda weird funky theme like that

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

-this is an article on edmunds.com talking about the particulars of this service bulletin, not sure if it's actually a recall. We are referring to 14126, correct?

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-chevrolet-silverado-glitch-is-inconsequential-gm-tells-federal-safety-regulators.html

post-127588-0-50170400-1409424129_thumb.jpg

14LTZZ71, I think they are talking about the "peek " update. This issue is where the odometer mileage on the welcome screen (screen that comes on when you open the door before starting the truck) does not match the odometer mileage while the truck is running. Evidently there ia a version for GMC and another for Silverado, so when dealers download it and install, they have installed the incorrect version. Also, there was issues with the procedures when it first came out. Latest posts show better success recently.

Personally, mine ain't broke so i'm not sure I want them to touch mine. Due for oil change soon, do we'll see what they say about my Silvy (no recalls show as of today).

14LTZZ71, I think they are talking about the "peek " update. This issue is where the odometer mileage on the welcome screen (screen that comes on when you open the door before starting the truck) does not match the odometer mileage while the truck is running. Evidently there ia a version for GMC and another for Silverado, so when dealers download it and install, they have installed the incorrect version. Also, there was issues with the procedures when it first came out. Latest posts show better success recently.

Personally, mine ain't broke so i'm not sure I want them to touch mine. Due for oil change soon, do we'll see what they say about my Silvy (no recalls show as of today).

Oh, ok. I thought "peek in" was part of 14126.

I just had 14126 done in my 14 Silverado and now the theme of the DIC doesn't match the one on the radio anymore and I can't adjust it either :nonod:

Sounds like it's the same theme than what you got.

Yeah, The dealer just informed me they took it upon themselves to perform the DIC recall while my truck is being worked on for

Broken seat (4th or 5th) time

HD radio reception

Side Air Bag

4X4 Shift to neutral recall

First OIL CHANGE and TIRE ROTATION

And I haven't even began to address issues like frame rust, Vibration as I mostly drive just around town, Horrible tires, clanging and banging transmission, ect. I wanted to let the dealers get a few more fixes under their belts before tearing into mine ,but at 6,000 miles i can't wait forever.

Does anyone have any BEFORE and AFTER pics of the SILVERADO DIC post update? I have seen the Sierra. Or please explain what to look for. The dealer has had my truck this time for over two weeks this time (and this is the second 2014) . I will be going over it with a fine tooth comb. I just can'not understand what has happened to GM.

Does anyone have any info on who or what The persons title at GM for a possible buy back or other option. This is starting to get stressful? This is my second 2014. Both others were early builds and I really do not want to loose another 5 or 6 grand again just trading in. Spending all my time at the service dept. really ruins that new car smell. Now don't get me wrong, the dealer has been very polite but I personally think they're being forced fed that 'operating as designed' line from GM. All I want is a truck that doesn't smoke at startup, doesn't tick like a time bomb, doesn't vibrate like a massage chair, HD radio works as advertised, A transmission that doesn't scare the crap out of you , doesn't shutter and vibrate under moderate throttle, paint isn't chipping off, seat doesn't feel like a ten dollar lawn chair, GM could at least act like they care. Anyone that has had any luck, advise would be appreciated. :chevrolet:

Archived