0% for 72 months anytime soon??

I know it's probably a dumb question but what are the best chances t sierras going 0% 72 months?? Silverados are currently this but I rally want a new denali but would live to finance 0% over 72 ..thx

Sucker deal. Take the rebates instead & if you are a person that has to finance, just take the 1-1.5% rates that are the going deal right now.

Agree.

Take a close look at the figures. You might come out better taking the rebates versus the zero percent. They won't let you combine deals sometimes.

I was able to get the rebates, supplier pricing, and zero percent all combined when I bought mine in July. Couldn't beat that deal.

Looks like now you have to pick one or the other.

Yes plus when you take the rebates and finance at a reasonable rate you often will be upside down on your loan for less time, because you finance less. Every time I've ever bought and could take the rebates or 0% financing it was a much better deal to take the cash. Your mileage may vary. (but I doubt it)

You'll either get 0% for 72% or you'll get rebates on the truck and finance it with interest for a shorter period of time. Either way the dealer gets their money in the end. As others have said, you're probably better off taking the rebates and financing for a shorter term at a low interest rate. I got 1.45% for 63 months.

As most have already said - take the rebates instead of the 0%. But, either way always ask for a military discount ( If you're entitled), sometimes there is a discount for having current insurance with a certain company (I got $500 off for having Farm Bureau insurance), etc etc - never hurts to ask for all kinds if discounts/rebates - most you will not get, but always ask. Also ask, would John Doe Dealer down the street have any more discounts than you do - would you match their discount (dealers don't want you to leave and go see if a better deal is elsewhere :-)

Before signing, the time is ripe to ask for 'extras' - clay bar and wax, spray in liner - especially if the dealer has already put in a plastic liner and you don't want it, what ever else you might want - say "Come on Mr.Dealer, let's close this deal, how about you add this/do this/whatever".

Note - Read the fine print, not everyone will qualify for 0%. The reason: Buyers with less than sterling credit generally do not qualify for them.

I have read that a 800 score or better is needed for 0%, most people will not qualify for that anyways.

In 2011 I found a web site that would compare rebates to finance it worked for me to keep my money working for me instead of taking the rebates. Like said above your mileage may vary!!!!

Before signing, the time is ripe to ask for 'extras' - clay bar and wax, spray in liner - especially if the dealer has already put in a plastic liner and you don't want it, what ever else you might want - say "Come on Mr.Dealer, let's close this deal, how about you add this/do this/whatever".

Think twice about letting the dealers touch the paint on your new vehicle. The people they have doing things like this are rarely experienced or give a darn about the quality of the work they do.

I have read that a 800 score or better is needed for 0%, most people will not qualify for that anyways.

this is not correct. I have a 770 and my wife has a 680 and we are both on the loan for 0 percent for 72 months.

btw we got the 0 percent, dealer rebates (higher rebates right now then when I bought mine) + USAA discount, and also GM family member discount (my grandfather retired from GM)

this is not correct. I have a 770 and my wife has a 680 and we are both on the loan for 0 percent for 72 months.

btw we got the 0 percent, dealer rebates (higher rebates right now then when I bought mine) + USAA discount, and also GM family member discount (my grandfather retired from GM)

Your 770 is what got you the 0%, I said 800 which is not very far off from your score. Have your wife try and go get a loan without your signature and not a chance a 680 will get you at 0% imo.

Your 770 is what got you the 0%, I said 800 which is not very far off from your score. Have your wife try and go get a loan without your signature and not a chance a 680 will get you at 0% imo.

You never know until you try!!

It's more to it than just the overall score. Debt to income ratio is factored in as well. At least that's what I was told when taking to the finance guy at the dealer. Wanted to understand "well qualified buyer" before having them run my credit as I already had financing set up with my credit union before walking in the door at 2.25%

Walked out with the deal and zero percent interest.

Saved me $5,000 bucks on a 45K loan for my high country.

Once you get over 800 they don't ask for anything else. The only time I fell under 800 is when I co sign for one of the kids 10 years ago. Funny how they think a due date is a suggestion.

I have never qualified for the 0% but after seeing the math on paper explaining both ideas I'd take the rebates and a little bit of interest. With the less amount being financed, you can still put more than the minimum and still come out even further ahead.

Archived