5500 Mile Trip in 2014 SIlverado...

My wife and I drove our daughter to Fort Campbell, Kentucky and back, in my new 2014 Silverado Double Cab, 4x4. We pulled an enclosed trailer that weighed @4200 lbs. We also had @ 1000 lbs. in the bed of my truck. We averaged 14.1 mpg on the way there, and 18 mpg on the way home with the empty trailer in tow. We kept to the interstate to get better mileage. We used Tow/Haul Mode a few times on the steep mountain hills. We also drove down to Nashville to check out the sights.

The truck performed flawlessly. Very comfortable, and drove like a champ. We used 92 Octane whenever possible to get the best performance from my 5.3 while pulling the trailer.

No problems whatsoever.

How comfortable was it with a third person in the double cab? Was it comfortable for someone in the back seat for that many miles?

they can lay out across the seat. prolly wasn't too bad.

How comfortable was it with a third person in the double cab? Was it comfortable for someone in the back seat for that many miles?

It was great for my daughter in the back seat.

And, Fondupot, you are correct. That's what my daughter did....lay across the seat. She had the whole back seat to herself. It was very comfortable for her.

I took a similar trip to Tennessee ~2000 miles about a month ago and the only thing that happened was I got a chip in the windshield . Averaged 19 and change and truck rode great! We need more posts like this one!

We bought our Silverado Crew Cab LTZ, 4wd, 5.3L, April 23, 2014. We left in May from Oregon. Went through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas and spent a week in Tennessee. From Tennessee went went through Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, spent a week in Wisconsin and then on through Minnesota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and on home to Oregon. 6,300 miles, 16 states and averaged 21.8 mpg . Pretty light load but what a fun comfortable truck to drive. We used the Onstar turn-by-turn directions without a fault, had lots of music between XM and a hard-drive with 60,000 songs. One of the best vehicles I've ever owned.

Archived