Unknown problem with my 2011 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab z71

Hello everyone. I,ve got a little issue I,d like to discuss with my 2011 sierra. i am the only owner, for furure reference. I've got some fog, and a very annoying hum coming from from my truck while the ac is on and off. The fog is dry, not moist. The humming only happens when im on the accelerator. very strange i know. The ac still blows out some ice cubes and its been awhile since its started doing this so its not losing freon. Again, very strange. The reservoir is still dripping on the ground plenty so its not clogged. Any insight on this will be much appreciated. Thank you

Hey BBrown219,

I can understand how a couple issues like this would be frustrating. It seems like you’re looking for some advice from the forum regarding these fog and hum concerns. If you’d like, feel free to shoot me a PM and I’d be happy to look into these issues from my end.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.

GM Customer Care

Sounds like your evaporator is freezing over so you may very well have a low refrigerent condition. I'd have the refrigerent charge looked at as soon as you can. Don't want to damage your system if it is indeed icing over.

+1

Low pressure = low evaporator temp = ice

Archived