Anyone else not happy with 2014 Silverado Stereo / Nav?

I am very happy with my 14 Silverado. My only gripe is the stereo / naviagation and heater / AC controls.

First off, when you use the steering wheel controls, sometimes it takes hitting the button 4 or more times for it to change tracks.

Then there's the issue with shuffle. I set it to shuffle (yes, I press and hold shuffle so it locks that choice) then when you shut the truck off it forgets you set it to shuffle.

And how the heck do you shuffle all songs on the iPod. Not just a type (like rock) but every song.

Then there's the issue with navigation. First off most nav units allow you to enter the first few letters of a street name, city etc. no, GM make you type the whole thing out.

Then they put the enter button on the left side!!!! What? Was the tech who programmed this dyslexic? That part doesn't even make sense.

Then there's the XM logo issue. My friends Jeep shows the logo of the XM station he is to like 80s on 8. This Chevy stereo doesn't. It leaves a blank logo screen.

How about that camera. Softest looking camera from the 80s I have ever seen. Check out Fords or Jeeps back up camera. Nice and crisp and sharp.

As far as the heater / AC goes, even when you turn the unit off, it still blows whatever temp the controls are set to (just very low). Drives me nuts.

Best part of the truck is the On Star app. That's killer.

**** I just remembered, this stereo can't display text messages from your phone. This is 2014. That should be standard on all stereos for safety sake.

You might have considered spending some time in the 2014 section before you bought your 2014.

I think it's unrealistic to find all these quarks simply on a test drive.

Are you happy with these things?

Let me say this. I was very pleased to see Chevy updated the dash. Honestly it's one of those things that made me fall in love with this truck. My friend has had a Avalanche for a number of years now and right up to the 13, things still looked the same. The 2014 was refreshing.

Most of my complaints can be corrected with a software update.

Hi Wishiwas,

I am so happy to hear that you love your Truck! I do understand that you there are some things that you wish were better. We appreciate both positive and constructive feedback, and can assure you that we do take this feedback quite seriously. I would be more than happy to discuss this further with you and the information you provide may be helpful for us to set you up with a truck engineer to share your feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us anytime via private message.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

I am very happy with my 14 Silverado. My only gripe is the stereo / naviagation and heater / AC controls.

First off, when you use the steering wheel controls, sometimes it takes hitting the button 4 or more times for it to change tracks.

Then there's the issue with shuffle. I set it to shuffle (yes, I press and hold shuffle so it locks that choice) then when you shut the truck off it forgets you set it to shuffle.

And how the heck do you shuffle all songs on the iPod. Not just a type (like rock) but every song.

Then there's the issue with navigation. First off most nav units allow you to enter the first few letters of a street name, city etc. no, GM make you type the whole thing out.

Then they put the enter button on the left side!!!! What? Was the tech who programmed this dyslexic? That part doesn't even make sense.

Then there's the XM logo issue. My friends Jeep shows the logo of the XM station he is to like 80s on 8. This Chevy stereo doesn't. It leaves a blank logo screen.

How about that camera. Softest looking camera from the 80s I have ever seen. Check out Fords or Jeeps back up camera. Nice and crisp and sharp.

As far as the heater / AC goes, even when you turn the unit off, it still blows whatever temp the controls are set to (just very low). Drives me nuts.

Best part of the truck is the On Star app. That's killer.

**** I just remembered, this stereo can't display text messages from your phone. This is 2014. That should be standard on all stereos for safety sake.

You shouldn't be trying to text and drive anyway !!! Nothing worse than some moron driving down the road trying to read texts!

You shouldn't be trying to text and drive anyway !!! Nothing worse than some moron driving down the road trying to read texts!

While I agree people should not text and drive, you should know companies such as Ford will not only display the text, it will speak the text back to you and you can select a preprogrammed response such as "I'm driving so I can't reply" or "I will call you later" etc.

Archived