Anyone ever use True Car?

Daryl Z71

The Wife, and i might be looking to trade in her Cruze, and I was wondering if anyone on here has used True Car to purchase a vehicle before? I'm basically wondering if it really helps you get a better deal or if it's just an extra hassle?

What gets you a better deal is knowing what you want and how much you'll pay. Truecar, carmax, etc don't allow any haggling. You pay the price they want and they won't move on it. Which is a ripoff in my opinion. Usually for used cars an actual dealer will beat them by a significant amount. Carmax had a pickup with more miles and less options for $3k more than my pickup was. When I helped my mom car shop recently what seemed to work the best is to explain the packaging/options desired, and then ask how much OUT THE DOOR.

What gets you a better deal is knowing what you want and how much you'll pay. Truecar, carmax, etc don't allow any haggling. You pay the price they want and they won't move on it. Which is a ripoff in my opinion. Usually for used cars an actual dealer will beat them by a significant amount. Carmax had a pickup with more miles and less options for $3k more than my pickup was. When I helped my mom car shop recently what seemed to work the best is to explain the packaging/options desired, and then ask how much OUT THE DOOR.

You said it!

I used http://www.cargurus.com/ - it worked for me and compared to TrueCar, I saved over $10k on my new truck. IMO, TrueCar is a joke.

Some dealers are outright tough to bargin with and they are getting tougher because too many people just pay sticker, but they will deal especially if they've had a particular model in their inventory for more than a month or two - which usually shows up on cargurus.com.

Yea that's what were doing today, and tomorrow.

My wife is a KARNUT too thanks to me. If you have a Hyundai dealer close by try them in your test you may be impressed. In the last 10 years we have driven every brand in the 20 to 35k area. For the money when were looking she got an 05 Elantra GT. Five years later we gave it to our daughter, its still going and under warranty. Then it was a Geneses coup, impressive, now a Geneses sedan very nice car. This is coming from a diehard GM fan, I always give GM the first look but in the area she was looking the Hyundai won out. My local GMC dealer sells them in my area, that's the only reason I gave the a look.

I drove a few different Hyundai's back when I was looking to trade in my 2011 Silverado. I liked the one I drove which was the Elentra GT, but the Wife didn't like anything they had to offer. She likes the Subaru Crosstrek which we drove today. I like the concept of it, but it just feels cheap compared to the Cruze. Not to mention it cost $25k which is too much money IMO.

I think tomorrow were going to stop at a few Mazda, and Honda dealerships to see what they have to offer.

I drove a few different Hyundai's back when I was looking to trade in my 2011 Silverado. I liked the one I drove which was the Elentra GT, but the Wife didn't like anything they had to offer. She likes the Subaru Crosstrek which we drove today. I like the concept of it, but it just feels cheap compared to the Cruze. Not to mention it cost $25k which is too much money IMO.

I think tomorrow were going to stop at a few Mazda, and Honda dealerships to see what they have to offer.

We had a 2010 Mazda 3 hatchback with the 2.5 great car, I couldn't drive it on long trips my legs are too long. All the Hondas we drove had a lot of road noise, make sure you test drive those real good, even the Accord.

Archived