Issues with 2003 GMC Sierra

Just purchased this truck and instrument cluster has issues no speedometer, no oil pressure guage working and does not indicate what gear It is in. Also dual control for heat and AC fan does not seem to adjust. From what I have been able to find intrument clusters seem to have this problem and need rebuild. Not sure if I am not adjusting fan speed properly but seems to indicate it is going up and down but speed does not change, Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

Check your fuses for those particular things first and foremost.

I had my instrument cluster redone, my oil gauge was whacked, I just had all of the stepper motors & bulbs replaced. Was about $120 for everything, with me taking the cluster to the repair guy.

Both issues are pretty common.. I used a company I found on Ebay called Florida Speed for my cluster repair. Seems it was around 140.00 with fast shipping included.

+1 on the fan resistor and its connector.. Can be found easily on Ebay as well. Not sure its available at Oreilly's or Autozone type places. Seems a few years back, it was not..

• 2 months later...

Archived