Silverado MyLink Software upgrade / hack to add Text messages?

I saw a thread here awhile back but can't find it. Someone had a software update/hack for the MyLink system that added the ability for it to download and read text messages. It added a Text icon on the home screen. I had this feature on my Subaru nav system and I miss it. Anyone know if this update/hack is still available? And if so, where?

Thanks, that's the one I was looking for. Will give them a call. Looks like you can't order online.

Yeah call and get things set up.

They emailed me over everything after ordering. It's a quick part to change out. Can't wait to get the new module and test it out.

• 2 weeks later...

$399 plus about $50 shipping which includes a 2-day shipping label to return your core module to them, which they require. If you want to keep your original module it's an extra about $750 as this is what GM charges for a new one. Talked with Mark, nice guy. The reason they have a wait is due to core availability. You do have to supply them with your VIN as the programming is VIN specific to your vehicle. Also you have to sign a liability waiver for obvious reasons.

$399 plus about $50 shipping which includes a 2-day shipping label to return your core module to them, which they require. If you want to keep your original module it's an extra about $750 as this is what GM charges for a new one. Talked with Mark, nice guy. The reason they have a wait is due to core availability. You do have to supply them with your VIN as the programming is VIN specific to your vehicle. Also you have to sign a liability waiver for obvious reasons.

So the part that you switch out you have to send the original one from the factory back?

Also adds text message feature for android phones. The radio will read you incoming texts and also allow you to reply with standard automated responses while driving such as "I'm driving, will text you back later". This is a nice feature, I had it on my previous vehicle and miss it on the Silverado.

Also adds text message feature for android phones. The radio will read you incoming texts and also allow you to reply with standard automated responses while driving such as "I'm driving, will text you back later". This is a nice feature, I had it on my previous vehicle and miss it on the Silverado.

How are videos played and which formats are supported?

Thanks