5.3l LT headers and Y pipe

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I SAW EARLIER PACESETTER CAME OUT WITHA SET OF LONGTUBES ASWELL AS A OFFROAD YPIPE. I HAD RAN PACESETTER FOR AWHILE ON MY COBALT (SUPERCHARGED BASEMODEL @ 382 HP) AND IT WORKED WELL. HOWEVER I NEVER REALLY ENJOYED THE DOUGHNUT STYLE COLLECTOR IT HAD AS IT ALWAYS HAD A TENDENCY TO LEAK. LATER ON ZZP (A PLATFORM SPECIFIC AFTERMARKET COMPANY) RELEASE THERE HEADER ASWELL AS LONGTUBE DOWN PIP WHICH I ENDED UP GOING WITH.

I KNOW I KNOW.....ALL CAPS. IM NOT YELLING, THIS IS JUST HOW MY KEYBAORDS AT WORK ARE. LOL

Headers and a cam are a great addition...supercharger after that is a great performance package.

Don't know if I want to do the cam yet but the headers I am going to do. Y'all sell the headers and sc kits correct? I already have the BB tune so I am figuring through y'all might be the best route to go.

Ok what's the cheapest brand? I mean I don't race my truck but I would just like it to sound better and have more power when I want it.

I'm really happy with the Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers I got from Black Bear. Great quality and great priced.

I also bought my supercharger from them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived