I now own an autocal

Ok so I took the black bear plunge. The autocal tune. I am sending my tune over right now and a new possible performance mod has come into the picture. A whipple supercharger. A would give him around $1200 and a warrior 350 that's sitting in my garage the only thing is I would have to get an intercooler which I'd buy.

Questions:

1.) would I need bigger injectors?

2.) would I need a tune before I drive truck? (Currently getting 93 octane tune now) or need retune?

3.) what psi should I run? (Was thinking 8)...thoughts...?

4.) what would I look at for gas milage? Currently untuned I get around 10-11 city

5.) would it make me smile ear to ear when i put the pedal to the floor?

Btw I'm very excited abt the tune right now. I'll have before and after 0-60 times

Right now I am currently pleased with the

Service with it's fairly easy instructions. And Jared is getting back to me rather quickly I'm sure they are very busy and I have had a few questions for them and they had no problem answering them and trying to help me out to the fullest extent.

Specs currently

throttle body spacer, cold air intake, Cam

Operating Range: 800-5200 RPM

Duration Advertised: 266° Intake / 270° Exhaust

Duration @ .050'': 212° Intake / 216° Exhaust

Valve Lift w/1.7 Rockers: .520'' Intake / .524'' Exhaust

Lobe Separation Angle:

115°

Arp head bolts, heads milled 5thou (we told them to do teen, but we think they only did 5) long tube obx headers 1 3/4 headers to 2 1/2 piping resonators and no cats with magnaflow muffler

35in tires 4:10 gear ratio

Ok so I took the black bear plunge. The autocal tune. I am sending my tune over right now and a new possible performance mod has come into the picture. A whipple supercharger. A would give him around $1200 and a warrior 350 that's sitting in my garage the only thing is I would have to get an intercooler which I'd buy.

Questions:

1.) would I need bigger injectors?

2.) would I need a tune before I drive truck? (Currently getting 93 octane tune now) or need retune?

3.) what psi should I run? (Was thinking 8)...thoughts...?

4.) what would I look at for gas milage? Currently untuned I get around 10-11 city

5.) would it make me smile ear to ear when i put the pedal to the floor?

Btw I'm very excited abt the tune right now. I'll have before and after 0-60 times

Right now I am currently pleased with the

Service with it's fairly easy instructions. And Jared is getting back to me rather quickly I'm sure they are very busy and I have had a few questions for them and they had no problem answering them and trying to help me out to the fullest extent.

1. Yes. No doubt

2. Yes. You will need to send justin your setup and he will send you a preliminary tune. Then he will have you datalog each time going a little more throttle until it's right.

3. 8 sounds reasonable. I'm currently ruining right around 8. I'm not scared to go up to 10 with stock internals, but I have enough power for what I do. Actually, could get by with less boost. I don't race the truck it's a tow vehicle.

How big of whipple is it? If it's smaller 1.9 literish you may have a hard time hitting 8 lbs with headers and a cam.

4. Depends on how you drive it. They have a bypass valve that keeps you out of boost with normal driving until you get on it a bit. So in theory you could see the same mileage.

5. Absolutely. Only regret I have about mine is not buying it sooner.

You will not regret getting a black bear tune, EVER!!! It's the best investment I have ever made in my truck second only to the Magnacharger which Justin talked me into.

Make sure before you pull the trigger on the whipple you price everything you need to complete the job. I have seen a couple guys do what you're talking about and not be far from a brand new kit price and have everything you need and a warranty.

Justin worked me a great deal on the Maggie and then supplied on of his tunes. With 7.8 lbs of boost, Headers, and a BBP tune I making 500 hp at the wheels.

1. Yes. No doubt

2. Yes. You will need to send justin your setup and he will send you a preliminary tune. Then he will have you datalog each time going a little more throttle until it's right.

3. 8 sounds reasonable. I'm currently ruining right around 8. I'm not scared to go up to 10 with stock internals, but I have enough power for what I do. Actually, could get by with less boost. I don't race the truck it's a tow vehicle.

How big of whipple is it? If it's smaller 1.9 literish you may have a hard time hitting 8 lbs with headers and a cam.

4. Depends on how you drive it. They have a bypass valve that keeps you out of boost with normal driving until you get on it a bit. So in theory you could see the same mileage.

5. Absolutely. Only regret I have about mine is not buying it sooner.

You will not regret getting a black bear tune, EVER!!! It's the best investment I have ever made in my truck second only to the Magnacharger which Justin talked me into.

Make sure before you pull the trigger on the whipple you price everything you need to complete the job. I have seen a couple guys do what you're talking about and not be far from a brand new kit price and have everything you need and a warranty.

Justin worked me a great deal on the Maggie and then supplied on of his tunes. With 7.8 lbs of boost, Headers, and a BBP tune I making 500 hp at the wheels.

What motor do you have? I wonder with a cam if I'll be able to push mid 500s but idk with 4:10 and 35s this kit is suppose to be brand new... Just no intercooler I'm not sure if it has injectors he wants 1900 and all I have right now is $1500 -_- so I'm trying to talk him into a partial trade

I have a 2007.5 6.0.

Bone stock internals.

I am very excited to see what he can do. I can't wait.

Even tho I just sent in the tune I find myself checking the emails. Lol. I have no low end power and the top end seems a little week so I'm hopping that it will all change and my friends won't know what hit them when I pull up nxt to them. I just think my truck dialed in

Archived