Gear Ratio Change

I have a 4wd Sierra that has a 3.08 gear ratio and I want to move it to 3.73. My service rep said that I am able to have a third party do the work and keep my warranty. How much am I looking to have this done by both a 3rd party and the dealer?

Thanks,

Ryan

More than you want to hear.

Even worse: the 3.73 is not available in a 2014 1500. 3.08 or 3.42 only, with 5.3. Scratch that: it is available with the Max Tow package, just not as a normal option.

It would be more than a thousand I'm sure.

Edited by austingta

More than you want to hear.

Even worse: the 3.73 is not available in a 2014 1500. 3.08 or 3.42 only, with 5.3. Scratch that: it is available with the Max Tow package, just not as a normal option.

It would be more than a thousand I'm sure.

He does have to use OEM gears. He can use aftermarket gear and pinion set.

At a good reputable shop (not the dealer) you'll prolly pay $300-$400 per axle for labor. Plus whatever your cost for parts is.

At the dealer i wouldn't be surprised if they charged 1000 per axle, then marked the parts WAY up.

I have a 4wd Sierra that has a 3.08 gear ratio and I want to move it to 3.73. My service rep said that I am able to have a third party do the work and keep my warranty. How much am I looking to have this done by both a 3rd party and the dealer?

Thanks,

Ryan

Is that your truck?

Your running 3.08s with what....35 inch tall tires?

Is that your truck?

Your running 3.08s with what....35 inch tall tires?

Yes and I bought it exactly the way it looks in my pictures from GMC. They do a project truck every year....It drives great and nice with the tires and lift believe it or not but I just want the extra umph 3.73 gears would give me.

Yes and I bought it exactly the way it looks in my pictures from GMC. They do a project truck every year....It drives great and nice with the tires and lift believe it or not but I just want the extra umph 3.73 gears would give me.

If you spend the coin to regear go 4.10 if not go 4.56. don't waste the time for 3.73.

I think some have already went to 4.56 using the old carriers. I'll have to see if I can find the thread.

If you spend the coin to regear go 4.10 if not go 4.56. don't waste the time for 3.73.

I think some have already went to 4.56 using the old carriers. I'll have to see if I can find the thread.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/158167-Gear-Change-9%2E5%22-12-bolt

Here it is

After reading this thread I'd def switch to 4.10 gears. Thanks Mike

I agree to this. 4.10 it is. I appreciate the help!

• Like 1

Thanks,

Ryan

Its gona cost any where around 1600-2000 to swap gears.

After reading this thread I'd def switch to 4.10 gears. Thanks Mike

I agree to this. 4.10 it is. I appreciate the help!

No problem. If you find a set of 4.10s for the 14' let me know! I haven't seen any.

• 1 month later...

Hey all! Looks like East Coast Gear Supply finally put the gears on their website for us! It's listed only for Chevy 1500 5.3L but I'm sure it would fit the Sierra 1500 5.3L as well. Can't see why it wouldn't.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-19759935-2014-chevy-1500-re-gear-package.html

Hey all! Looks like East Coast Gear Supply finally put the gears on their website for us! It's listed only for Chevy 1500 5.3L but I'm sure it would fit the Sierra 1500 5.3L as well. Can't see why it wouldn't.

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-19759935-2014-chevy-1500-re-gear-package.html

Looks like it is still a conversion kit, same parts I used. It will def work though.