2015 Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon rated up to 26MPG

Zane

2015-GMC-Canyon-SLT-Crew-Cab-Front-Three-Quarter-in-studio-007-medium.jpg

By Zane Merva
Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
9/03/2014

When the 3.6L V6 equipped Colorado and Canyon hit dealers in the next couple of weeks, customers will find fuel economy ratings of up to 26 miles per gallon.

Today, General Motors released fuel economy figures for V6 and 6-speed automatic equipped version of the company's new mid-size pickup line. This is the first time the 3.6L has been used in a pickup application and will be rated at 305-horsepower. 2-wheel-drive customers can expect a range of 18-26 miles per gallon and 4-wheel-drive customers can expect 17-24 miles per gallon.

Four cylinder and 2016 diesel fuel economy figures will be released at a future date.

3.6L V6 Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Fuel Economy

2WD: 18mpg city / 21mpg combined / 26mpg highway

4WD: 17mpg city / 20mpg combined / 24mpg highway

“The all-new 2015 GMC Canyon adds segment-leading fuel economy to its winning resume,” said Kenn Bakowski, Canyon marketing manager. “Innovations such as available active grille shutters combine with an aerodynamic design in a smaller, more maneuverable package to set a new standard for fuel economy in midsize trucks.”

I believe most people will want ONE OR the OTHER Silverado VS Colorado and I doubt many will go from the full size to the MID for fuel econ ONLY unless they RUN a fleet or run excess miles and IMHO BOTH should be offered and even something like the Chevy tornado MINI truck

I am seriously considering looking at a new Colorado or Canyon. My reason has nothing to do with MPGs though that will be nice. The reason Im thinking about it is because of the size. I love trucks but im going to be moving to a much larger city that is not very truck friendly. A smaller Colorado or Canyon will be a lot nicer to drive and park compared to my current truck. My truck gets about 10-11 mpgs around town it will be much nicer to get 17-18.

I think i will have to get the Diesel version though, getting a pickup that is easy to park, has lots of torque, and gets low 30's would be worth trading in my current truck for.

I've had two Traverses with the exact same 3.6 DI they are using in the the Colorado. It's not the best on gas and its a fuel pig in the city stop and go traffic.

Don't even believe the city rating or take this as a warning.

I can tell you my heaver 4x4 Sierra is getting the exact same millage as my FWD got. 20mpg combined. Some weeks even 21mpg.

GM would have been better to put the new GM 4.3 LiterEcoTec3 LV3 engine.

The only reason they didn't was they want to push diesel engine in the Colorado in 2016 and the 4.3 would have most likely had the same mpg or not enough of a difference for people to pop for the diesel engine.

Ha! Keep trying GM! My Full size Crew cab 4X4 2014 GMC V8 with a 6.5 ft bed gets that all day long. On my way to town the other day I set my cruise control on 64 mph and got 27.1mpg over a 25 mile distance. Last night driving from Albuquerque to Dallas I got 22.3 with the Cruise set at 78mph over a 400 mile distance and that is loaded down with hunting equipment ice chests, luggage, Yakima luggage rack mounted over the bed etc.! My daily driving with a mix of city and hwy gets 19.9 - 20.4 over a 400 mile distance. WHY WOULD I WANT A SMALL TRUCK WITH THE SAME OR WORSE GAS MILAGE AND LESS HORSEPOWER???

Fuel economy isn't the only reason people buy the smaller trucks. They're better off-road in most instances, better in cities and they'll fit in more peoples garages. I never even consider fuel economy when I buy vehicles, it's a non-issue to me as all the fullsize trucks do well enough it won't bankrupt me.

Archived