jonny24's Regular Cab Silverado

jonny24

yep, there is enough room to probably fit a dead body between the grill and radiator and never see it lol.

plus you need a damn scaffold to get high enough to get under the hood to begin with, so sad that a front license plate fold down step is a requirement to check your own oil.

Yeah, and I need a step stool to wash and wax the hood and I still can barely reach!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, there is enough room to probably fit a dead body between the grill and radiator and never see it lol.

plus you need a damn scaffold to get high enough to get under the hood to begin with, so sad that a front license plate fold down step is a requirement to check your own oil.

Welcome to the world of safety regulations and crumple zones. Glad to have them carrying around my 2 year old, but it sure makes for a huge overhang and terrible approach angles.

I got my 18's this week. Not much of a size of a difference, but I like the look of these rims way better.

IMG_20140912_082527.jpg

IMG_20140912_082533.jpg

Talked to my cousin, it'll be next week till we can tint, lower and liner.

And, I was playing with my seat the other day, and figured out something. When you lift the bottom of the seat it moves forward too, not straight up and down. So you can get way closer to the steering wheel. I ended up putting it back where I had it. I never can find the right balance between how close my feet and arms are. Can you add the telescoping steering wheel after? Doesn't seem like the type of thing that would be very easy to add.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Rhino liner. Really happy with how it turned out. Yes it's dirty, had to move a bunch of potatoes :rolleyes:

IMG_20140928_114339.jpg

IMG_20140928_114351.jpg

Something else came up that I had to spend money on, so the tint and drop will have to wait. I managed to swing the bedliner since it already had a few scratches and I didn't want any more.

I've been trying to decide if I just keep the original AT tires (Bridgestone duellers) on the 17's for winter, or get actual winter tires ( and going bigger for the fun of it :cool: ). I'm also tempted to drop the whole thing and not just the back. I like riding higher than most cars but love the lowered look. So I guess I have to make up my mind about that before getting bigger tires.

Congrats on the new truck. Love the blue color. You can remove the spacer block between the rear end housing and leaf spring if you want to lower the rear an inch. It would be free to do, just takes a little time.

That's actually the first blue I've seen on a truck that I liked, looks sharp. On to what others are saying about the cabin room (or lack thereof), both the F150 and the Ram have noticeably larger cabins with a big edge going to the Ram. A good friend of mine just bought a 14 Ram RT and he has almost double the room I do behind the seats.

That's actually the first blue I've seen on a truck that I liked, looks sharp. On to what others are saying about the cabin room (or lack thereof), both the F150 and the Ram have noticeably larger cabins with a big edge going to the Ram. A good friend of mine just bought a 14 Ram RT and he has almost double the room I do behind the seats.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Figured I'd update this thread as well as posting in the relevant mod topics. (Maybe this should be moved to the build section?)

Since last September, I've:

Crashed it:

IMG_20150127_091151.jpg

IMG_20150127_091208.jpg

Oh yeah and added mud flaps.

Fixed it:

IMG_20150213_120546.jpg

Plastidipped the factory 18's and bowties:

IMG_20150515_192633.jpg

IMG_20150515_145045%2B%25281%2529.jpg

And last week, lowered the back 2" and tinted all the windows 20%.

IMG_20150703_170946.jpg

Up next is a tonneau, not for a while though ($, hopefully by winter). Still deciding on hard or soft folding. And then once I've run out of cheap/somewhat practical mods I'll start looking at maybe an exhaust

What color Plasti Dip did you do the wheels and bowtie?

I can't remember if they call it charcoal or gun metal... I just grabbed ones with a grey lid lol!

I didn't realize I'd already asked you that question in another thread. Evidently, the lighter grey color is called gunmetal and the darker grey is called charcoal. I ordered 10 cans of the charcoal this morning. Hopefully, that'll be enough to do the front chrome grille and surround, the front and rear chrome bumpers and the four 20" rims. I'm doing the bumpers and grille first since the house CPA/ bank manager has already said that dark rims sure would look good on the red truck.

In the picture above with your truck on the street, the tint looks like it has a bluish tint, but the other pictures do not. Is it just regular tint? Other than victory/ fire engine red, the blue is my favorite color on these trucks. Yours looks very good.

I didn't realize I'd already asked you that question in another thread. Evidently, the lighter grey color is called gunmetal and the darker grey is called charcoal. I ordered 10 cans of the charcoal this morning. Hopefully, that'll be enough to do the front chrome grille and surround, the front and rear chrome bumpers and the four 20" rims. I'm doing the bumpers and grille first since the house CPA/ bank manager has already said that dark rims sure would look good on the red truck.

In the picture above with your truck on the street, the tint looks like it has a bluish tint, but the other pictures do not. Is it just regular tint? Other than victory/ fire engine red, the blue is my favorite color on these trucks. Yours looks very good.

Thanks! I never get tired of looking at her!

I didn't know there were two grays, so now I really don't know which I used. I'll look at the can when I get home. I used four cans to do the wheels and TBH I don't think I used enough. I mean it looks good, but I think when it comes time to pull it off it might be to thin to peel off in one go. I only did two or three passes on the logos but they were much heavier due to it being a smaller area.

The street pic where it looks bluish is before I got the tint done, it's just reflecting the sky. Bottom pic is the only one there with it (I've posted a few different ones up in other threads though).

The victory red was my favourite for a long time, especially on the GMT900's. All through high school my dream truck was a Chevy RCSB in victory red. Actually, I met up with an old friend of mine I haven't seen since high school, the first thing he said when I got out of the truck was "It isn't red!" :rollin:

• 2 months later...

How did you lower the rear 2" ? I'd like to do that on mine, just not sure if need a kit or can simply remove the "spacers" on top of the axle and re-use the u-bolts.

Thanks.

How did you lower the rear 2" ? I'd like to do that on mine, just not sure if need a kit or can simply remove the "spacers" on top of the axle and re-use the u-bolts.

Thanks.

2" belltech drop shackles. I've though about taking out the spacers to get a true level look. But for now I'm happy with the look.

It looks good. And BTW, a 2014 blue topaz RCSB 5.3 seems to be a rare bird. That was my first choice when I bought my truck, but none of the local dealers could locate one reasonably close by with the options I wanted. But I think the victory red looks good too on these trucks.

Archived