Order Placed September 4

Placed an order this past Thursday for a new work truck:

2015 Silverado 3500HD SRW WT, duramax/allison, convenince package, amber roof lamps, a/t tire option.

Looking forward to getting this beast in to hook up to my trailers. I currently use a 2011 2500HD 6.0 which I will be keeping.

Dealer says I'm looking at 6-8 weeks build time...is this a realistic assessment?

Dealer says I'm looking at 6-8 weeks build time...is this a realistic assessment?

Mine was ordered on July 26 and built on August 27. However, a bunch of trucks that were waiting for production were "sent back" to the dealer so that 2015i changes could be made, and my truck jumped in front of all of those. I think that you should plan on 6 weeks and hope for the best.

Gringo

Mine was ordered on July 26 and built on August 27. However, a bunch of trucks that were waiting for production were "sent back" to the dealer so that 2015i changes could be made, and my truck jumped in front of all of those. I think that you should plan on 6 weeks and hope for the best.

Gringo

Thanks for the feedback. Really, the time doesn't matter too much to me other than that I need to take delivery in 2014. I was under the impression based on the build sheet printout I have that I have an "older style" 2015. Not sure when the 2015i cutoff is...

Oh really, how about that! What are the differences between the 2015 and 2015i? I know mine is a relatively bare bones truck, but will I see any differences? I hope that doesn't affect build time too much!

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators

(G56) Blue Granite Metallic exterior color

(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity

USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat

Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 models

Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar: Body-color on High Country; Black on all other models.

(DQS) Premium camper mirrors with chrome cap and new features: Power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carryover features include: Power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.

(DPN) Camper mirrors on WT and LT models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.

(CGN) Spray-on bed liner is now standard on High Country and available on all other trim levels. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall.

(GAJ) Silverado High Country available on Crew Cab only (3LZ).

New (PYV) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on LT and LTZ models

DURALIFE brake rotors

Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available

(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine

(G1K) Deep Ocean Blue Metallic exterior color

(G7J) Rain Forest Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on LT Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)

HD radio feature removed from all radios

Cluster "tick marks" change from White to Blue

Body color door handles, mirror caps, and body side moldings on LT trim. Chrome belt molding on LTZ and High Country trim.

(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators

(G56) Blue Granite Metallic exterior color

(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity

USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat

Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 models

Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar: Body-color on High Country; Black on all other models.

(DQS) Premium camper mirrors with chrome cap and new features: Power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carryover features include: Power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.

(DPN) Camper mirrors on WT and LT models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.

(CGN) Spray-on bed liner is now standard on High Country and available on all other trim levels. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall.

(GAJ) Silverado High Country available on Crew Cab only (3LZ).

New (PYV) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on LT and LTZ models

DURALIFE brake rotors

Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available

(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine

(G1K) Deep Ocean Blue Metallic exterior color

(G7J) Rain Forest Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on LT Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)

HD radio feature removed from all radios

Cluster "tick marks" change from White to Blue

Body color door handles, mirror caps, and body side moldings on LT trim. Chrome belt molding on LTZ and High Country trim.

(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

Looks like I'll get the glovebox USB jack, new tow mirrors with amber marking lights, and g80 (which I thought may have been standard with towing package on wt anyway)

Talked to the dealer on Friday, and he said production date is scheduled for September 15. Seems like things are moving along pretty well.

This will be my first diesel and I do have one LML related question. I am purchasing this truck to use with my landscape contracting business. We probably drive 80/20% city/hwy. The diesel is due to my need to tow 10-14k trailers 2-3 times a week. I will be keeping the current truck as well which is a 2011 2500hd 6.0 gas. It does the job, but does struggle at times.

With the towing I do and the majority of city driving, are there any preventative measures/driving techniques I need to do for the sake of the emissions system/regens or overall engine health/longevity?

Talked to the dealer on Friday, and he said production date is scheduled for September 15. Seems like things are moving along pretty well.

This will be my first diesel and I do have one LML related question. I am purchasing this truck to use with my landscape contracting business. We probably drive 80/20% city/hwy. The diesel is due to my need to tow 10-14k trailers 2-3 times a week. I will be keeping the current truck as well which is a 2011 2500hd 6.0 gas. It does the job, but does struggle at times.

With the towing I do and the majority of city driving, are there any preventative measures/driving techniques I need to do for the sake of the emissions system/regens or overall engine health/longevity?

Howdy fellow LawnSite'r

I typically don't use my LML for the mowing crew where the truck is constantly started and stopped, but I've been told by many that these trucks don't mind being shut off and started as much as the older diesel's from the 80's, 90's and even early 2000's. As I said in the other diesel thread, I typically wait for my truck to drop down out of high idle before I take off and I wait for the truck to get up to operating temperature before I do any real hard accelerating. I typically let the truck idle for about a minute before I shut it off so the turbo can cool down, I'll wait longer If I've just come off the highway or have been towing heavy. These trucks don't need to be left idling a lot, that will cause frequent regens and you'll have to refill the DEF fluid more frequently.

Howdy fellow LawnSite'r

I typically don't use my LML for the mowing crew where the truck is constantly started and stopped, but I've been told by many that these trucks don't mind being shut off and started as much as the older diesel's from the 80's, 90's and even early 2000's. As I said in the other diesel thread, I typically wait for my truck to drop down out of high idle before I take off and I wait for the truck to get up to operating temperature before I do any real hard accelerating. I typically let the truck idle for about a minute before I shut it off so the turbo can cool down, I'll wait longer If I've just come off the highway or have been towing heavy. These trucks don't need to be left idling a lot, that will cause frequent regens and you'll have to refill the DEF fluid more frequently.

Guilty, you found me!

I appreciate the insight. I haven't seen your diesel thread on the other forum but it sounds like I should be fine. I honestly do a bit of the same thing on startup even on our gas fleet. I don't believe it is doing any good to start a truck up and throw it in gear before the oil has even reached the top end of the motor, and also prefer to let them warm up somewhat as well.

Our company doesn't do any lawn mowing or maintenance, and this truck will simply go with me and whatever trailer and equipment is needed from the shop to the job (whereever that may be) and back on a daily basis. So really, not a whole lot of starting and stopping at multiple points, just shorter trips as it is all in city. But distance from the shop to the job can vary from 1/2 a mile to 20 miles depending on the day. I, too had heard that lots of idling will cause more regens...

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update:

Got a call from the dealer today that he received the invoice on my truck today and it was scheduled for delivery to the dealership on October 8th. I will say that I'm rather impressed. That will be 4 weeks and 3 days after ordering, and I was anticipating 6-8 weeks. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and that will be true.

I am going tomorrow to get a copy of the invoice to check everything and take care of some other things, but will there be any way in particular to determine clearly if I have a 2015i? I know I've supposedly ordered after the Aug. 25 cutoff date, but will it say anywhere on the invoice? Perhaps the mirror code? If I see DPN for the mirror code, I guess that would answer? What is the "old" mirror code for the power tow mirrors?

I'm anticipating seeing and getting to use this new rig, I have a 14k trailer ready to hook up to it on day one (or after reasonable breakin time). I will post pictures as soon as I get it, especially if I've got the intermediate model.

Thanks

Ordered mine on Aug.13th... All I know..that it was the order was accepted... Called the Dealer..and GM..Customer Service 2 Days Ago...... And no further updates on the completion process..... 2015 Chevy 2500HD... Ocean Blue.. LTZ. PKG .... Bose Sound System....... Z-71...Suspension & Apperance PKG.. Non Diesel.. Snow plow PKG.. Marker Liights ... Perimeter Lighting.... 20" Wheels.... Heated and Cooled Black Leather Perferated Seats.... Navagation.... Etc....

Just an update:

Got a call from the dealer today that he received the invoice on my truck today and it was scheduled for delivery to the dealership on October 8th. I will say that I'm rather impressed. That will be 4 weeks and 3 days after ordering, and I was anticipating 6-8 weeks. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and that will be true.

I am going tomorrow to get a copy of the invoice to check everything and take care of some other things, but will there be any way in particular to determine clearly if I have a 2015i? I know I've supposedly ordered after the Aug. 25 cutoff date, but will it say anywhere on the invoice? Perhaps the mirror code? If I see DPN for the mirror code, I guess that would answer? What is the "old" mirror code for the power tow mirrors?

I'm anticipating seeing and getting to use this new rig, I have a 14k trailer ready to hook up to it on day one (or after reasonable breakin time). I will post pictures as soon as I get it, especially if I've got the intermediate model.

Thanks

Its the same code, DPN for 2015 and 2015.5. DQS is the new code thats for the LTZ tow mirrors, the ones with the chrome caps and power fold.

Archived