Order Placed September 4

I'm holding the dealer invoice for the truck in my hands. According to this, I have "black trailering mirrors w/pwr glass, man fold/ext, heat, turn signal, led rr guidance lamps, led amber lights" The invoice has this listed within the WT Convenience Package so there wouldn't be a separate code anyway as it turns out, but I have the new mirrors! I'm very excited to see the truck, it was shipped on 9-20-14.

Another thing I noticed is there is a rear vision camera now included with the WT Convenience Package. A nice little added bonus as I tow trailers almost daily and hooking up alone takes a few more seconds than having a camera would!

I have basically a bare bones WT which is for the purpose of my business, but this is far nicer than any WT chevy I've seen or purchased before. I've never seen a WT with tinted glass, remote keyless entry, auto dim interior mirror, etc. That was basically the LT package in 2006 like my other truck has. Will post pictures as soon as I see it.

Silverado 3500HD SRW Crew Cab Long Bed, 11,400 GVWR, Duramax/Allison, WT Convenience Package (Deep tint glass, power outlet 110 AC, remote keyless entry, mirrors as described above, auto dim interior rear view mirror, rear vision camera), Electric Rear Window Defroster, All Terrain Tires, Roof Marker Lamps.

I'm holding the dealer invoice for the truck in my hands. According to this, I have "black trailering mirrors w/pwr glass, man fold/ext, heat, turn signal, led rr guidance lamps, led amber lights" The invoice has this listed within the WT Convenience Package so there wouldn't be a separate code anyway as it turns out, but I have the new mirrors! I'm very excited to see the truck, it was shipped on 9-20-14.

Another thing I noticed is there is a rear vision camera now included with the WT Convenience Package. A nice little added bonus as I tow trailers almost daily and hooking up alone takes a few more seconds than having a camera would!

I have basically a bare bones WT which is for the purpose of my business, but this is far nicer than any WT chevy I've seen or purchased before. I've never seen a WT with tinted glass, remote keyless entry, auto dim interior mirror, etc. That was basically the LT package in 2006 like my other truck has. Will post pictures as soon as I see it.

Silverado 3500HD SRW Crew Cab Long Bed, 11,400 GVWR, Duramax/Allison, WT Convenience Package (Deep tint glass, power outlet 110 AC, remote keyless entry, mirrors as described above, auto dim interior rear view mirror, rear vision camera), Electric Rear Window Defroster, All Terrain Tires, Roof Marker Lamps.

On the RPO tag yes there is a code for the mirrors. Sure its included in the sales package on the sales/marketing side but DPN will be on the RPO list.

Well, got a call from the dealer that the truck arrived a week early. The dealer is spraying my bed liner in tomorrow and then I'll take delivery around noon. Can't wait to get this thing on the road. Any particular break-in procedures I need to follow? This is a tow pig and will be hooked up to a 14,000# dump trailer as soon as possible. I also love the mirrors, like I said above, very nicest work truck I've ever seen!

IMG_0052_zps27e509e6.jpg

DSC_5963_zpscf18bf5c.jpg

DSC_5958_zpsd69c99db.jpg

I break my trucks in how I plan to drive them everyday. Haven't had any real problems so far other than annoying squeaky brakes on my current Duramax.

GM recommends you don't tow anything for the first 500 miles though. Which I did abide by.

Yeah throwing 14 grand behind that thing with 0 miles on it will do you no good (and perhaps give gm reason to void watrenty sections if they find out). Just drive it like anything else and it will break in just fine. Nice truck man! I love the roof lamps and wish I had em on mine.

Yeah throwing 14 grand behind that thing with 0 miles on it will do you no good (and perhaps give gm reason to void watrenty sections if they find out). Just drive it like anything else and it will break in just fine. Nice truck man! I love the roof lamps and wish I had em on mine.

I totally agree with you on the first statement. My plan is absolutely not to throw a huge trailer behind a brand new truck. I bought the truck to ultimately take the place of tow pig of a similarly equipped gasser 2500. I have contingencies in place until this one is broken in, I just wanted to know at which point (I said as soon as possible, but perhaps should have rephrased it to 'as soon as is safe') it would be safe to begin pulling with it. I have not yet taken delivery and have not yet scrutinized the owners manual for their recommendations so it may be clearly covered. But there are always people who have their own opinions on the matter, and thats all I wanted to solicit here.

And thanks! We usually buy new trucks off the lot, but being a 3500HD SRW and being uncommon in this configuration around here, we knew we had to order it. For 55 dollars, there was no way it wasn't going to have the amber lamps. I really like the new 2015i mirrors too. They don't have the chrome cap like the LT and LTZ, but the amber markers and reverse assist lights should be a nice treat. I was also surprised to find out I have a backup camera with it! At the right time, I will be able to hook that trailer up very easily.

I recently did some trailering with my honda pilot (yes I said it) cause mu truck is out of commission big time. The pilot has a back up cam though and hooking that baby up to a trailer was a snap. No guessing and checking and it saves a lot of time. My next truck will definitely have a back up cam!

I'm coming up on the 500 mile mark and am getting ready to put it into service, beginning with small loads and stepping up from there (as the GM manual suggests).

The owners manual for the 2015's has a very reduced service/maintenance section, I could not find anything related to axle maintenance schedule at all. The only transmission related schedule was the normal interval. Is there any sort of break-in fluid/filter change schedule for the rear axle/allison tranny/engine oil?

I have been driving the truck everywhere and love it. No vibrations with the michelin tires, everything works great. It is just as comfortable as my 06 1500 in my opinion. I like a truck that rides a bit solid. The cab is incredibly quiet, as is the motor. If i didn't know I had a diesel and have the radio on at all, you can't tell any difference than the gasser. So far I'm getting 17.1 mpg unloaded in the city. By comparision, the best I ever get from the 6.0 gasser in the same conditions is about 11. We will see how the duramax does towing, the 6.0 pulls about 8 mpg.

Archived