2007 Sierra 1500 5.3L 186k

TJMaine

Question

First truck owned... so still not used to transmission shifts in a truck of this size?

Sometimes it hesitates on shifting ( I mashed the gas the other day and she almost red lined and acted like it didnt want to shift, let off gas and took a good 1.5 seconds before she shifted )

Once in a while when between gears it will hesitate but not always...

Other times I will mash the gas and it shifts like a dream.

Is this normal behavior? I have a warranty on the tranny and dont really care if it falls apart as it will get replaced but was just curious.

3 answers to this question

Yeah, i've had it for 8 months now and only noticed recently ( maybe because I've been eye balling a new 2015 Denali 2500 and im looking for a reason to sell it LOL )

Mine does that in tow/haul mode when towing a big load on hills - keeps the engine in the power range, no matter what throttle position, until you've crested the hill. Shouldn't do that just driving around town though. That's about the only feature of modern trucks I like.

With all the electronics on these things today, something is bound to fail at some point ...

More electronics, more money, and more to fail - no thanks. :)

I'm running my '07 into the ground ... and at 70k miles, that should be a year or so away at the rate it's going ... :sick:

Archived