Close to Pulling the Trigger on a New Sierra HD

Truck has everything I want, and I think I can negotiate a good deal. Only thing is the truck does not have amber marker lights on the cab. I know this is purely cosmetic, (and a $55 option) but when towing, I think it completes the package. Its part of the HD look.

Should I ask the dealer to install them as part of the deal, wait until I find another truck from the factory with the lights or should I buy this one? I would install them myself, but I don't feel comfortable tinkering with the headliner on a brand new truck, also, I'd feel silly drilling into the roof for a low value, item. I would rather leave it to the dealer if they would throw them in as part of the deal. Not sure how much in labor it would cost them and if they would want to have exposure if the cab leaked.

My vote...buy as is without roof lights. I wouldn't trust the dealer to install them without having concerns about leaking or rusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X2. Either find one with them from the factory or take it without. I wouldn't even want the dealer drilling holes in my $55k truck.

Agreed, either wait for one from the factory or go without. Just would suck to have leaks or other problems. Dealer would probably just tell you to wait and order a different one with the lights as they probably would not want to install anyway.

• 1 month later...

I pulled the trigger. Got a Sierra with the marker lights. I have been on the highway a few times. No cab vibration issues. I have on occasion noticed a vibration from the break pedal when using the breaks When it happens its quite noticeable.

As my wife and I discuss our future purchase we always say "look EVERYWHERE in the country" Black trucks are a harder sell in warm climates ( white trucks in higher demand ) so buying a used black or dark colored truck in say Florida might be cheaper than here in maine... Figure in one way tickets and gas/tolls and it may still be cheaper to go south.... Dont eliminate anything from your search.

Archived