SLT led accent lighting dim mod...

Hey everyone

Phil from FastHeadlights LLC. Just jumped on this forum. Seems like a lot of technically knowledgeable guys over here. So I am doing a lot of retrofits on the 14s. I am trying to figure out the dimming on the SLT accent lighting when headlights turn on. I will admit that I am not a wiring or electrical genius.

Attached are a bunch of pics. The white wire on the main plug is the one that sends power to the top and bottom leds. The white wire splits out and gets distributed as the multi color wires after going into the voltage regulator/resistor/circuit box. Trying to figure out how to bypass this box so the upper and lower lights stay on full power.

Anyone else attempted to take this on?

The pics labeled Top means the wires go to the upper leds. There are five wires that go into each (upper and lower). The + and - symbols indicate on the plug which side is positive and negative.

I am at a loss and with knowing what I don't know...... I know better than to just start criss crossing wires. Lol. Any help from someone with a good understanding of electronics would be awesome.

8305a6afbed64088612117c47e6bc80d.jpgb00afcee845292e083d04cd13e98ac74.jpg

Wires going to bottom.

c1f5a49f3bd027daa9e044a958987793.jpg

a8738be9d3802e201f639298580e8dbe.jpg

Not all the time. Only when they normally come on with the headlight. Just trying to bypass/over ride the dimming

What did you find out with this? I am curious to see if your solution is something i can adapt to my situation. I have an SLE and am currently planning to do a retro with my lights. I am going to add a DRL feature and would like them to function normally. Currently the projectors stay on all the time, but i'd like to add a relay to turn them off with a signal from the ambient light sensor or an output from the BCM.

Archived